*** The Official Temple University Dental Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

AngleClass3

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am an applicant for this upcoming cycle. I realized there was no thread yet. Has anyone heard anything about the supplement?

Last year's thread: *** The Official Temple University Dental Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Link to interview prep: Temple University Kornberg School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

*edited by staff to include links to interview feedback & last year's thread

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I received an email on 7/15 that they were going to send me a supplemental on August 1st via AADSAS

Members don't see this ad :)
So we should be getting the supplemental today right?

Did anyone get the supplemental today?

Reactions: 1 user
In their email it stated the supplemental would be sent via aadsas, but I don't see how we would be able to pay the supplemental fee through the aadsas site.

For all those inquiring, I just spoke to the admissions office at Temple. They told me that the delay is due to the fact that they are trying to implement something new in the supplemental application. As a result, it will probably not be sent out until l next week at the earliest. However, they did not give a definite timeline. They did emphasize, that when they do send it out, they will email everyone.
I hope this helps anyone who was wondering about it....

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
In their email it stated the supplemental would be sent via aadsas, but I don't see how we would be able to pay the supplemental fee through the aadsas site.
BU did it through AADSAS. It wasnt the normal application but some parallel portal thats linked to our app. I logged in with my AADSAS credentials.

Reactions: 3 users
BU did it through AADSAS. It wasnt the normal application but some parallel portal thats linked to our app. I logged in with my AADSAS credentials.

Same!

For all those inquiring, I just spoke to the admissions office at Temple. They told me that the delay is due to the fact that they are trying to implement something new in the supplemental application. As a result, it will probably not be sent out until l next week at the earliest. However, they did not give a definite timeline. They did emphasize, that when they do send it out, they will email everyone.
I hope this helps anyone who was wondering about it....
Temple just sent this email out:

"Thank you for your interest and application. The Supplemental Application and fee request is being updated and will be sent via AADSAS sometime in August. Please continue to visit the AADSAS portal for updates.

Sincerely,

Mr. Brian Hahn, Director
Office of Admissions"

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Temple just sent this email out:

"Thank you for your interest and application. The Supplemental Application and fee request is being updated and will be sent via AADSAS sometime in August. Please continue to visit the AADSAS portal for updates.

Sincerely,

Mr. Brian Hahn, Director
Office of Admissions"
Got it. Lets just keep waiting I guess... They probably won't start sending interviews till October at this rate.

Reactions: 4 users
Just received the supplemental email and sent in my payment. Is that all we do? I'm surprised because they said that they were working on the supplemental which made me think it would be lengthier.

Just received the supplemental email and sent in my payment. Is that all we do? I'm surprised because they said that they were working on the supplemental which made me think it would be lengthier.
Surprised myself, but that is all I found as well. Fee and a disclosure agreement.

I just received mine as well and yes, I think that's all we do .Do you know if temple sends out supplementary to all applicants or is it based on preliminary screening like MWU?
Based on their email, which seemingly went to everyone, it sounds like everyone gets it. Also, after looking through prior year threads there was no mention of supplemental apps being limited. Not certain, however.

Did y’all get an email? I didn’t get any email from temple yet.

Yeah got the email, they send it to everyone, it's not selective.

I received the very first email about the supplemental application being sent out on 8/1 but, I haven’t received the second or third (today’s email).

Apparently if you’ve hotmail then hotmail is blocking emails from ADEA

Here

Attachments

• 61CC8E94-7D09-42E6-A547-F4083AF101CD.jpeg
    61CC8E94-7D09-42E6-A547-F4083AF101CD.jpeg
    89.9 KB · Views: 291
Now I’m so confused and kinda worried if I missed any emails from other schools as well...

Maybe it’s the problem on schools end because I did call AADSAS and they said there’s absolutely nothing wrong on their side.

Hmmm... so there's no actual supplemental essays or anything like that? Just the $75 fee? I paid that, but that's all the portal had for me!

Hmmm... so there's no actual supplemental essays or anything like that? Just the $75 fee? I paid that, but that's all the portal had for me!
Same. Seems to be all...for now at least

Does anyone know whether Temple prioritizes DAT scores or GPA? I have a strong DAT but I'm worried my GPA may not be sufficient. This is my first cycle so I'm sorry if I sound naive.

Does anyone know whether Temple prioritizes DAT scores or GPA? I have a strong DAT but I'm worried my GPA may not be sufficient. This is my first cycle so I'm sorry if I sound naive.
Well the mean oGPA is 3.55, DAT average is 21.1. There's obviously people underneath and above the average so I guess it depends how far your scores are compared with the mean

Interview #4
School: Temple
Notification date: 8/22
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/4
Application complete date: 7/13
GPA (science, overall): 3.48, 3.64
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/24/24/25/None
Interview Date: 9/16

Reactions: 2 users
After paying secondary, did anyone receive any other confirmation emails other than the payment confirmation? Were we supposed to receive an application complete email?

After paying secondary, did anyone receive any other confirmation emails other than the payment confirmation? Were we supposed to receive an application complete email?

I only got the notification that the payment was received. Nothing else, unfortunately.

I only got the notification that the payment was received. Nothing else, unfortunately.

Mine said "None" too and only received a payment confirmation email (no app complete email). So I guess we will have to wait...

Interview #5
Notification date: 8/22/19
Residency: Florida
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/12
Application complete date: N/A
GPA (science, overall): 3.78, 3.65
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/20/27/none
Interview date or dates available: Mondays and Thursdays starting 9/9

Interview #5
Notification date: 8/22/19
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/12
Application complete date: N/A
GPA (science, overall): 3.78, 3.65
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/20/27/none

Is your application not considered complete yet? Just wondering you put down "N/A"

People who got interviews today, did you status change from 'None' to 'Under/Review' beforehand?

Interview #2
Notification Date: 8/22
Method of Notification: Email
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/2
GPA (science, overall): 3.96, 3.98
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/20/23/none

Interview #2