This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentliife

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Since you’ve already sent your applications, there isn’t much to say. Only apply to Meharry if you’re disadvantaged/URM. I wouldn’t submit it to any more schools seeing as you’ll likely get into multiple schools that are already on your list. As long as you have applied to your state school(s) already, I wouldn’t add any more. Other than the 16 QR, you’ve got stats that will be sufficient to get you in somewhere as long as you interview well. Schools without hard cutoffs for QR scores will look past the 16 if they like the rest of your app. Best of luck.

Hello, I have already applied to a good amount of schools. My oGPA is 3.56 and sGPA is 3.33. My DAT scores are 20AA, 19PAT, 21TS, 19GC, 21BIO, 23OC, 22RC, and 16 QR (bad i know:(). Thank you guys so much in advance!

These are the schools I applied to:
A.T. Still University's Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health
Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine
Loma Linda University
LECOM
Midwestern Arizona
Midwestern Illinois
Roseman University of Health Sciences
Temple University
Tufts university
University of Buffalo
University of Louisville
University of Nevada, Las Vegas
Western University

Some schools I considered applying to were
Meharry
New York University
University of New England

Let me know what you guys think!
Thanks!

*edit: I should mention that I am a texas resident. I have heard that Texas residents have a lower chance of admissions OOS. I am not sure how accurate that is.
are you URM?
how are your LORs and PS?
when did you apply?
how many shadowing/volunteer hours do you have?

I am not URM.
I have a rec letter from a dentist I've shadowed almost 100 hours with, a rec letter from my research PI, and a letter from my genetics professor.
I applied end of june and finished most secondary apps by around mid july.
I have about 120 shadowing hours and a good amount of volunteer hours, I have volunteered in a lot of free clinics such as the Mission of Mercys, Love Heals Free Clinic, Veterans Smile Day, Give Kids a Smile, as well as some non-dental volunteering
I wouldn't recommend applying to meharry

I wouldn't stress too much about the 16 in QR, it is the least important section