***Official West Virginia University School of Dentistry Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
No one's made this so here ya go!

Link to last year's thread: **Official West Virginia University School of Dentistry Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Link to interview prep: West Virginia University Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard anything from this school yet?

I've only gotten one saying that they received my application with the message "Your application will be reviewed by the Dental Admissions Committee. If you are selected to receive a secondary (institutional) application, one will be sent to you via email along with instructions for submitting the required secondary application fee."

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup
I've only gotten one saying that they received my application with the message "Your application will be reviewed by the Dental Admissions Committee. If you are selected to receive a secondary (institutional) application, one will be sent to you via email along with instructions for submitting the required secondary application fee."
same boat :)

Has anyone received the supplemental yet or talked to WVU about when we will receive it?

Has anyone received the supplemental yet or talked to WVU about when we will receive it?
I talked to them about a month ago. I was told supplemental applications are only being sent to people who are getting interviews.

I talked to them about a month ago. I was told supplemental applications are only being sent to people who are getting interviews.
I spoke with them as well mid July and they said the same thing but I am wondering if anyone has received one yet

How the heck did yall get a physics letter of recommendation ? I wanted to apply but they required one letter from a physics professor. I would think that would drastically limit the number of applicants they review

How the heck did yall get a physics letter of recommendation ? I wanted to apply but they required one letter from a physics professor. I would think that would drastically limit the number of applicants they review
I did not submit a physics LOR. I submitted a professor I published with, 2 sciences (organic chem and physiology), and one non science and received a secondary from them on 08/30 without any issues regarding my application.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did not submit a physics LOR. I submitted a professor I published with, 2 sciences (organic chem and physiology), and one non science and received a secondary from them on 08/30 without any issues regarding my application.
I didn’t submit a LOR from a physics professor either.

Have you received a supplemental and if so, when?
I have not received one yet. Possibly because I didn’t have a physics professors letter. That might have been an expensive oversight on my part.

I have not received one yet. Possibly because I didn’t have a physics professors letter. That might have been an expensive oversight on my part.
I just realized this too.... however at the time of my submission I had not yet taken physics so I couldn't have gotten a LOR from them. I emailed them today to ask about this. Were all your LORs from professors?

I just realized this too.... however at the time of my submission I had not yet taken physics so I couldn't have gotten a LOR from them. I emailed them today to ask about this. Were all your LORs from professors?
Yes, Chem, bio chem, and a lab professor. And 1 dentist

Wth? You lucky son of a gun lol. I don't wanna submit and waste my money.

I e-mailed them before and this is what the office of admissions told me.

The physics letter is required. If you are unable to submit a physics letter to PASS you can request one be sent to the school at Dental Admissions P.O. Box 9407 Morgantown, WV 26506.

If you are unable to obtain a physics letter you can request s substitution letter, but the acceptable reasons for substitute letters must be clear and well documented such as the professor has left the school and is unreachable.

Sucks. I really wanted to apply here too.

Wth? You lucky son of a gun lol. I don't wanna submit and waste my money.
It could’ve been an error on their end, I’ll call today and check. I took physics over the summer with professors who had no office hours and only did the lecture section, then the lab and discussion and office hours were run by PhD students so chances I could get one are low

The physics letter is required. If you are unable to submit a physics letter to PASS you can request one be sent to the school at Dental Admissions P.O. Box 9407 Morgantown, WV 26506.

If you are unable to obtain a physics letter you can request s substitution letter, but the acceptable reasons for substitute letters must be clear and well documented such as the professor has left the school and is unreachable.

Should we email for instructions on how to submit substitution letter or is there a link online? I emailed them, but just curious if they provided you with any information on that?

Should we email for instructions on how to submit substitution letter or is there a link online? I emailed them, but just curious if they provided you with any information on that?
You probably should ask for instructions. I didn't follow up with them about that so I don't know.

Yes, Chem, bio chem, and a lab professor. And 1 dentist
I just received an email back from them and they said that the application is not complete without a physics LOR, as it is a mandatory part of the application.

I just received an email back from them and they said that the application is not complete without a physics LOR, as it is a mandatory part of the application.

Well my physics teacher was only at my university the year I took it and his teaching visa expired and he is now located in India.. so :)) Did you ask for the substitution information and thats what they sent back?

You must have a LOR from a physics professor. You can get an interview without one but must have one in for them to accept you.

You must have a LOR from a physics professor. You can get an interview without one but must have one in for them to accept you.

Are all of these accurate?
I just received my secondary application request, but did not submit a LOR from a physics prof. However, I am currently enrolled in a physics course and could get one before matriculating.

So, basically I'm asking, does the secondary request mean that I'll be receiving an interview invite and if so, does that mean I'll need a physics LOR prior to matriculating (or being accepted)?

Are all of these accurate?
I just received my secondary application request, but did not submit a LOR from a physics prof. However, I am currently enrolled in a physics course and could get one before matriculating.

So, basically I'm asking, does the secondary request mean that I'll be receiving an interview invite and if so, does that mean I'll need a physics LOR prior to matriculating (or being accepted)?
Hey so I received a secondary without a LOR from a physics professor. I called today and they said you can get an interview without one but need one to matriculate. It’s been a requirement for 15 years they said, so yes you for sure need one. It states so on their page and on AADSAS. I just talked to mine and he’s writing one for me now. Just have the professor mail it to WVU and follow the instructions

Reactions: 1 users
Hey so I received a secondary without a LOR from a physics professor. I called today and they said you can get an interview without one but need one to matriculate. It’s been a requirement for 15 years they said, so yes you for sure need one. It states so on their page and on AADSAS. I just talked to mine and he’s writing one for me now. Just have the professor mail it to WVU and follow the instructions
Perfect! Exactly what I was looking for. I'll work on getting my letter and will have them submit to WVU. Appreciate the quick response!!

Dang, that’s a shame. My physics professor was great, and he definitely would’ve given me a good LOR. But he retired a few years ago. I tried to get in contact with him a few months back, but couldn’t.

Dang, that’s a shame. My physics professor was great, and he definitely would’ve given me a good LOR. But he retired a few years ago. I tried to get in contact with him a few months back, but couldn’t.
Was your professor Mr. Hopkins from FIU by any chance?

Well my physics teacher was only at my university the year I took it and his teaching visa expired and he is now located in India.. so :)) Did you ask for the substitution information and thats what they sent back?

No I had emailed them saying how I had not yet taken physics by the time I submitted my application (taking it this semester) so if I could send an alternate professor LOR and they told me "You will need to submit the required physics letter once you have completed a semester of physics. This is a required component of the application."

Anyone heard anything yet or have interviews been sent? I’ve heard crickets since they got my secondary

Anyone heard anything yet or have interviews been sent? I’ve heard crickets since they got my secondary
Likewise. Confirmation that it was received, then nothing since. But I'll give them the benefit of the doubt since it has only been a week. They still have two months before December...

Likewise. Confirmation that it was received, then nothing since. But I'll give them the benefit of the doubt since it has only been a week. They still have two months before December...
So many schools have been interviewing since December or have sent out interviews that I’ve been curious what’s going on.. some people said on this thread if you get a secondary you get an interview? Is that true though?

I received an interview invite this morning.

Reactions: 1 users
Interview: #3
School: WVU
Notification date: September 27th
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NC
AADSAS mail-out date: July 3rd
Application complete date: September 18th
GPA (science, overall): 3.90, 3.93
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/20/20/20/16 (QR)
Dates available OR your interview date: October 18th

Interview: #3
School: WVU
Notification date: September 27th
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NC
AADSAS mail-out date: July 3rd
Application complete date: September 18th
GPA (science, overall): 3.90, 3.93
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/20/20/20/16 (QR)
Dates available OR your interview date: October 18th

How long after you submitted your supplemental application did it take them to contact you?
Thanks!

I submitted my supplemental on September 18th and got an invitation on the 27th

Has anyone heard anything about how the interviews are? Are they more laid back/conversational or more formal/interrogative?

I received a request for a secondary application this morning and I'm OOS. Does this mean I will be most likely be receiving an interview?