***Official West Virginia University School of Dentistry Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

erh0002

Reaction score
Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back after an interview Post-December? I had an interview this past Friday and wanted to know when I would know anything.

Members don't see this ad.

DentalBobby

Reaction score
Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back after an interview Post-December? I had an interview this past Friday and wanted to know when I would know anything.
I was in there with you! After talking to a few people it seems like we will hear something around the middle of this week. Good luck!

KaseyBrown

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten wait listed ? Or is anyone familiar with the wait list process? How it works ? How hard it is to get off and get an acceptance? How many people get wait listed ? And is there an order to it ? Like who gets called first etc?

Members don't see this ad :)

vibrovulnif6

Reaction score
Interviewed on 1/31 and accepted Monday evening 2/3, and will be attending! OOS

Reactions: 1 users

Cjnmd

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was accepted back first week of December. Just jumped on here. Is there a Facebook page or a group of the people attending?

Reactions: 1 user

Dentistryforlife

Reaction score
When are we expected to pay our first deposit or invoice? I got my acceptance letter in the email and mail but I cannot find anything that talks about paying. PLEASE, SOMEONE, HELP ME OUT! I really don't want to lose my seat.

vibrovulnif6

Reaction score
When are we expected to pay our first deposit or invoice? I got my acceptance letter in the email and mail but I cannot find anything that talks about paying. PLEASE, SOMEONE, HELP ME OUT! I really don't want to lose my seat.
You send in the Acceptance Form indicating you accept the offer and sign off of the other details in the letter, then they will send back deposit information in a separate letter. You can always call the admissions office, they are extremely helpful about all of this and will guide you through it if you need it.

Cjnmd

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got into the school I wanted to go to. I am OOS, and am going to drop my seat in the class. Hope one of you gets it!

Members don't see this ad :)

ochemprincess

Reaction score
Has WVU finished interviews yet? Do they send rejections now to people they haven't interviewed?

KaseyBrown

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I also was wondering if they have finished interviews yet? And if they already have the class filled. I wonder how we can find this out. Does anyone on here know? Or have any information?

KaseyBrown

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any updates on your WVU application? When did you interview if you don't mind me asking.
I interviewed on December 6th . Got a letter the next week wanting my fall grades the same day as the letter, I sent them got a 4.0 on the deans list so was hoping so much to get in. Then a week later got waitlisted. Right now I’m being patient and waiting Which is hard , I just wish I knew more info. Everyone is wondering if interviews are done ? When is the time frame that people usually hear off the waitlist. Is the class full Etc . Actually I’m the only one who I know that is on the waitlist? There’s not many posts on here compared to other years, I’m wondering if there’s another thread somewhere ? Or something . WVU is my top choice , I’m in state and it’s always been a dream of mine to go there . I have been a dental hygienist and EFDA with my anesthesia license practicing full time for the last 14 years. I wonder if there Is another place that people go to discuss experiences etc . Did you apply ? Get an interview ? Etc . Thanks

Dentistryforlife

Reaction score
I interviewed on December 6th . Got a letter the next week wanting my fall grades the same day as the letter, I sent them got a 4.0 on the deans list so was hoping so much to get in. Then a week later got waitlisted. Right now I’m being patient and waiting Which is hard , I just wish I knew more info. Everyone is wondering if interviews are done ? When is the time frame that people usually hear off the waitlist. Is the class full Etc . Actually I’m the only one who I know that is on the waitlist? There’s not many posts on here compared to other years, I’m wondering if there’s another thread somewhere ? Or something . WVU is my top choice , I’m in state and it’s always been a dream of mine to go there . I have been a dental hygienist and EFDA with my anesthesia license practicing full time for the last 14 years. I wonder if there Is another place that people go to discuss experiences etc . Did you apply ? Get an interview ? Etc . Thanks
Yes, I interviewed on Jan 31st and got accepted on Feb 3rd. I am not sure if the class is full, I don't know how to know if it is but did you think about sending a LOI? Let them know it is your top school choice.

KaseyBrown

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yes, I interviewed on Jan 31st and got accepted on Feb 3rd. I am not sure if the class is full, I don't know how to know if it is but did you think about sending a LOI? Let them know it is your top school choice.
Yeah I sent them a letter of intent . And my mid term grades .

Reactions: 1 users