This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SkyloRen

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would say RVUCOM just based on money. Atleast to me that’s extremely important and I really don’t think azcom is really putting you at any advantage for the price you pay

Reactions: 1 user
For $, I'd say RVUCOM, but I dislike that they're for-profit and have no match lists yet. For all other things, except for the grading scale, AZCOM seems like the better option. They're established so you're not worried about the quality of clerkships, you get to stay in Arizona, they have a good match list, and lecture attendance is non-mandatory. I'd personally reach out to some students at both schools and ask for their opinions. Do DO schools offer scholarships ever?

I'm from Arizona and was also accepted to AZCOM last year but ultimately decided to attend a different DO school. There is absolutely no way to justify the $71k tuition, and your future self will thank you for saving ~$15k a year in tuition. The exam schedule sounds awful, and I heard from a 4th year at AZCOM that during the first semester of first year, all exams are on a Monday, so you never get a weekend off, and then second semester it ramps up to 2-3 exams/week. It's excessively challenging and unnecessarily stressful. P/F at RVU sounds amazing. For your own mental health, I would choose RVU.