14 vs 15 credits for a post-bacc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

The Helpful Aye Aye

I'm not so grump
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last semester of post-bacc, recovering from a 3.1/2.7 (now at 3.1/3.0). I have an annoying 1 credit seminar course with terrible speakers and was wondering if adcoms would care if I did 14 instead of 15 credits. I'm set to be a tutor this semester and it cuts into that time.

Usually people say that you need to show adcoms that you can handle rigor, but considering I'm going to an SMP this fall will that really matter? Is the difference between a 14 and 15 credit semester significant?

Thanks.
 
I'm very sure it has ZERO affect and you shouldn't worry. In fact, most schools consider one credit courses fillers/GPA boosters (source: did a Master's at a med school where associate dean said as much). Drop it and you'll be no worse for wear.