This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

certified_punk_

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen that Harvard financial aid is mainly need-based. Does anyone know if historically Harvard has been willing to match merit scholarships?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You can ask and Im sure it wont hurt but I believe they do not match merit-aid.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’ve seen that Harvard financial aid is mainly need-based. Does anyone know if historically Harvard has been willing to match merit scholarships? I’ve received a full ride merit scholarship to another T10 and I’m wondering if it would be worth asking Harvard to match?
This is a question for harvard or a gold digging hottie at the bar, no benefit from us unfortunately

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I would be quite surprised if they would match a merit scholarship. They have made clear that they base financial awards on need. If you decline Harvard's offer, there is a long line of excellent candidates who will take it.

Reactions: 1 user
Is this a humble brag? Lol emailing Harvard to ask would be easier than asking a forum of people who have no affiliation with Harvard

I’ve seen older threads of people negotiating aid. So I was asking to see if people from previous cycles that have negotiated financial aid would know. My b.

I’ve seen older threads of people negotiating aid. So I was asking to see if people from previous cycles that have negotiated financial aid would know. My b.

It's a common question on this forum, they might be uppity because of the name of the school.

Last edited:

My post was just teasing because I'm jealous, and that school is impossible for me to get into. Congratulations on your acceptance, bud! Be proud :)

I’ve seen that Harvard financial aid is mainly need-based. Does anyone know if historically Harvard has been willing to match merit scholarships?

Generally no. There's a strict need based aid policy. Perhaps you will win the REACH scholarship if offered. Otherwise, no merit aid to match.