This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted1041468

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Focus on learning medicine during your intern year and don't worry too much about neurology. I learned more from my upper level residents during my intern year than any book could have taught me. Which is good because I didn't have the time or energy to do much reading.

When you do eventually start your neurology training, I think the below sources are probably the best:

- Continuum
- UptoDate
- AAN on demand (recorded lectures from the annual meeting)
- Bradley's as a reference text
- Lange clinical neurology and neuroanatomy: good at start of PGY2

Reactions: 1 users
Focus on learning medicine during your intern year and don't worry too much about neurology. I learned more from my upper level residents during my intern year than any book could have taught me. Which is good because I didn't have the time or energy to do much reading.

When you do eventually start your neurology training, I think the below sources are probably the best:

- Continuum
- UptoDate
- AAN on demand (recorded lectures from the annual meeting)
- Bradley's as a reference text
- Lange clinical neurology and neuroanatomy: good at start of PGY2

Awesome. Precise and helpful. I appreciate the info and recommendations.

Members don't see this ad :)
Get the yellow Neurology handbook which has a lot of good evidence-based information in it. You'll get a lot of information from your upper levels, fellows, and attendings.

PGY-2 here

You're not going to have much time to read; let's not kid ourselves (at least not during PGY-2). Therefore, I'd focus on reading the contiuum books and one neuroanatomy text (personally I found Blumenfeld's to be excellent). UTD is for daily use when for a quick read on things you encounter at work.

my two cents...

Read Continuum. Its just fabulous.
Continuum

others that I recommend that are useful on the go(available on mobile devices)

1. UpToDate for latest on a particular topic
UpToDate
2. Neurology Pro for differential diagnosis
Neurology Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.