This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureD25

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Are my chances good for this upcoming cycle? And any suggestions on my school list what to add or remove?

Overall GPA: 3.63
Science GPA: 3.57
DAT score (include AA and all sections): 20 AA | 18 PAT | 19 TS | 19 BIO | 20 OC | 20 QR | 20 GC | 20 RC
State of Residence: MA

Major: Biology
Minority?
No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience:
175+ hours Ortho | 60 hours General
Volunteering Experience: 250+ hours community service / volunteer
Employment: 450 hours working in orthodontics office sterilization tech
Research: N/A
Relevant Honors or Awards: Deans list 5/6 semesters
LOR type and strength: Very strong

Handskills requiring fine motor movement?

You're in decent position though that 18 PAT might make things a little more challenging. Network wisely with schools you really want to go to, including your in-state options of BU and Tufts. Lots of seats in those classes so make sure you really focus on what each has to offer. Make sure you talk with students at those schools.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes in school club that helps with handskills. What do you recommend by networking with schools as well as talking with students at those schools. What information do I aim to get from that?
Well, that depends if you want information from them in the first place. It's kinda like asking you if you have any questions at the end of an interview. You should have some questions to ask current dental students at the schools where you really want to go... otherwise why go there?

Yes in school club that helps with handskills. What do you recommend by networking with schools as well as talking with students at those schools. What information do I aim to get from that?
Both Tufts and BU have pre-dental days (although they might be doing something different due to the current situation). Go to these and you get the chance to talk to students/faculty. I'm also from MA and got into BU this past cycle. I was able to make good connections at their pre-dental day and I suggest you do the same.