7+ Year Member
- Jun 25, 2014
- Reaction score
Well that won’t help with Allopathic schools at all. I think DO schools consider all grad degrees. Your GPAS are below average (Especially your sGPA) for MD. Your current MCAT is low for MD too. You really need to consider DO schools. Your stats are within DO range. You have enough shadowing(you only need 50). Think about even mentioning your mission trip to Jamaica. Many ADCOMS will consider that voluntourism and that’s not impressive at all. What clinical experiences do you have? Anything with direct patient contact dealing with the sick, injured and dying? You need about 200 hours of that. When do you plan to apply? Good luck on your retake.
Once you have your new score, then we can advise properly.Hello all!
- Undergrad cGPA: 3.45 , sGPA: 3.2. Graduate school GPA: 3.7
- I am retaking and aiming for anywhere from a 510-518. I'm going to be dedicating a lot of time to it, so I'm pretty hopeful. I took it without really studying in 2016 and got a 504.
- California legal resident, US Citizen, current in DC for grad school
- Very white.
- Southern state school
- 2013-2017: over 200 hours volunteering, 100 hours shadowing (peds CC, ped surg, pediatrics, dermatology, oncology, psychiatry), medical mission to Jamaica. 2020: Currently volunteering with the Red Cross at blood drives as a screener.
- Research experience and productivity: 3 years in a psych lab from 2014-2017, 1.5 years in an immunology lab from 2015-2017. Presented at a major conference. Received 3 institutional grants.
- Tutored underprivileged children for a semester, started an organization on campus that allows students to donate unused mealswipes to hungry and those experiencing homelessness
- Undergrad: President of two orgs, exec board of our blood drive and 2 fundraising organizations, student government member
- Since graduation (2017), I've worked on political campaigns and worked in legislative jobs, volunteered at a homeless shelter and with ARC, did work with UNICEF and the UN Foundation. Ive worked full-time in political positions and now I'm getting my masters part time.
- Typical senior awards : Who's Who at American Universities, Outstanding Senior, etc.
Haven't done anything super clinical since 2017 since I've been working full-time but I have a ton from undergrad. I'm originally from NYC and my whole family is still there. I am only applying Allopathic.
Potential school list:
NYU (shooting my shot)
Columbia (shooting my shot)
U of SC