gonnif

Only 7 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
Hello everyone! First post here. Thank you for taking the time to help!
I am an American student who took a five week french immersion class during the winter of my freshman year.
It was at a small school in Quebec, in a town that is entirely french speaking.
I did not transfer the course to my home institution, nor gain any credit, (it was an audit).

For this scenario, would this count as a "foreign institution" by any chance and possibly not require a transcript? (Even though it's still Canada.)

On the other hand, if a transcript is indeed required, is it OK if the transcript is completely in French. Translation services are limited at the moment due to the COVID situation, and I'm worried that my transcript would be rejected by AMCAS if it is in another language.

Thank you again!
1) were you officially auditing as a non-enrolled student? If so , then no transcript nor should the school be listed
2) Were you formally enrolled in a course? Even if you did not earn any credit, the school must be listed and transcripts must be obtained or a transcript exception must be filed
3) AMCAS requires transcripts from Canadian schools; it says nothing about the transcript needing to be in English

2) If you were

RicochetThis

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
Dec 29, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
1) were you officially auditing as a non-enrolled student? If so , then no transcript nor should the school be listed
2) Were you formally enrolled in a course? Even if you did not earn any credit, the school must be listed and transcripts must be obtained or a transcript exception must be filed
3) AMCAS requires transcripts from Canadian schools; it says nothing about the transcript needing to be in English

2) If you were
Oh my gosh Gonnif thank you so much. I've read so many of your replies this is an honor haha

I believe that I was enrolled in the course. I received an "N" which is the school's designation for "Audit", and an official transcript does exist for me.
Do you think you could clarify more on what the difference is between being enrolled & audited and being non-enrolled and audited?
Does the existence of a transcript automatically imply I was "enrolled"?

Also thank you for the advice regarding the transcript being in french.
All of your advice is greatly appreciated!

About the Ads

gonnif

Only 7 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
Oh my gosh Gonnif thank you so much. I've read so many of your replies this is an honor haha

I believe that I was enrolled in the course. I received an "N" which is the school's designation for "Audit", and an official transcript does exist for me.
Do you think you could clarify more on what the difference is between being enrolled & audited and being non-enrolled and audited?
Does the existence of a transcript automatically imply I was "enrolled"?

Also thank you for the advice regarding the transcript being in french.
All of your advice is greatly appreciated!
I think this is likely to cause issues and confuse AMCAS. It doesnt sound like you were an enrolled student so I would just ignore this school. This is a very low risk issue

RicochetThis

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
Dec 29, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I think this is likely to cause issues and confuse AMCAS. It doesnt sound like you were an enrolled student so I would just ignore this school. This is a very low risk issue
Awesome. Thank you so much for all the help!
Your advice is really appreciated!

About the Ads