• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

cbdblmad

I sell propane and propane accessories.
2+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2019
  1. Medical Student
This is really a cost-benefit analysis only you can make. Nobody knows for sure how bad the second wave will be, where it will be, or if it will even happen. Assuming the VA would even let you back in, is additional research something you need for your app? Are there other parts of your app you could be looking at working on that have a lower risk for yourself and your family? Without knowing where you are in the journey (undergrad year/gap year) spending the summer to study and ensure that your next mcat retake results in a stronger score is a perfectly legitimate use of your time, especially considering the current difficulties in finding EC opportunities.

cbdblmad

I sell propane and propane accessories.
2+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2019
  1. Medical Student
I'm hoping to reapplying next cycle. I have about 100 hours of research in the same lab and about 200 each of clinical/nonclinical hours, and about 30 hours shadowing. I don't think getting more shadowing/clinical hours is a good idea right now or if it's even possible. There's generally a lot of people I have to interact with in the nonclinical volunteer activity I was involved in so I'm hesitant to start doing that again.
In that case, just focus on your mcat for the time being. Try to start up on the nonclincal stuff at least when it is safe to in your area. See if you can do a lit review for the lab?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.