Oct 14, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Academic Administration
Hi everyone!

I was hoping to hear some honest opinions on my statistics as I am starting to look through which schools to apply to. I just graduated from an in-state school in North Carolina. I am looking for honest advice please - I have not really sat down until now and started considering where to apply and honestly am not completely knowledgable on what realistic schools to apply to are/what range to apply to/what the best resources to use to decide on schools are. If anyone has kind advice please do let me know :) Thank you

GPA: 4.0
sGPA: 4.0
DAT: AA21 (PAT 21, QR 19, RC 21, BIO 22, GC 20, OC 21)
Shadowing 100+ hours, volunteering 300+ hours

Sincerely,
A hopeful future dentist :)

Please reformat: ► How to Format your WAMC Thread ◄

Did you have a prehealth advisor at the school? Have you attended any open houses or recruitment fairs to meet admissions staff? You obviously have an idea about the application process, but have you secured your references? Most applicants should start off with in-state and radiate regionally outward from there. Your metrics look great, but it takes much more to secure an interview invitation.

D

deleted997355

Please reformat: ► How to Format your WAMC Thread ◄

Did you have a prehealth advisor at the school? Have you attended any open houses or recruitment fairs to meet admissions staff? You obviously have an idea about the application process, but have you secured your references? Most applicants should start off with in-state and radiate regionally outward from there. Your metrics look great, but it takes much more to secure an interview invitation.
Hi, thank you for your response. Yes, I have secured a letter from a general dentist and will be receiving a committee letter for my references. I have not attended attended in-state impressions programs/open houses only. I have not been able to travel out of state for pre-dental events, which is why I’m not sure where to begin with deciding where to apply out of state.

About the Ads
Oct 14, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Academic Administration
Hi, thank you for your response. Yes, I have secured a letter from a general dentist and will be receiving a committee letter for my references. I have not attended attended in-state impressions programs/open houses only. I have not been able to travel out of state for pre-dental events, which is why I’m not sure where to begin with deciding where to apply out of state.
And you attended the Virtual Fair a few days ago?

I'd check in on OOS stats for Tennessee and MUSC. Yeah, Penn is worth a shot as are a few Ivy schools if you want to move to colder climates. But I'd be shocked if you don't get either UNC or ECU.

Sent from my SM-N960U using SDN mobile

D

deleted997355

And you attended the Virtual Fair a few days ago?

I'd check in on OOS stats for Tennessee and MUSC. Yeah, Penn is worth a shot as are a few Ivy schools if you want to move to colder climates. But I'd be shocked if you don't get either UNC or ECU.

Sent from my SM-N960U using SDN mobile
Thank you. I actually did not attend the virtual fair as my DAT was a couple of days ago so I was studying. Do you think my DAT score is considered competitive enough? I’ve seen many posts here with AAs in the 23-26 range and felt a little discouraged.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.