This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Insightful

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello
I have a few questions, so I applied to some schools last year and did not accepted, and this year I am only applying to schools that I did not apply last year, is it okay that if I reuse the personal statement, and they would not know?
Also, for the column saying whether I have applied last year, can I put "NO"?
Thank you!
Always be honest. If asked if you have applied before, the answer is Yes.
If your personal statement did not serve you well last year, it is one thing you have control over and can change.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello
I have a few questions, so I applied to some schools last year and did not accepted, and this year I am only applying to schools that I did not apply last year, is it okay that if I reuse the personal statement, and they would not know?
Thank you!
do you want to start your dental career off with a lie?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello
Thank you!
You are going to have fun at ethics course

Reactions: 1 user
Say you applied before. Schools appreciate someone who is not willing to be rejected. It shows your desire to pursue dentistry and potentially shows your commitment to a particular school(s). I disagree that you have to reconsider everything, present everything as professionally as you can (which hopefully you did last cycle) BUT I suggest have a different person(s) read your personal statement and give you new notes on what you might change in this year’s personal statement, even if it’s just a couple of lines. No new experiences to talk about? Also, I’ve heard admissions directors say they have remembered reading the same personal statement from last year for some applicants. If I were you, I might throw in a part about how you applied last year, how you’re not willing to give up on your pursuit of dentistry, and include any things that you might have learned from applying in the last app cycle.