This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrapperCrops

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Think of it as resetting the button once you graduated from hs.

I would list all all the years. I think it shows that your involvement with the community isn't just because it's a requirement for the application. In fact at a dental interview a topic came up that involved a large amount of community service for church I had done about 15 years earlier. My interviewer asked my why I hadn't listed it on my application. I told him it had been so many years ago I didn't think about it. He told me if I have to apply again to make sure I list it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Think of it as resetting the button once you graduated from hs.
I would list all all the years. I think it shows that your involvement with the community isn't just because it's a requirement for the application. In fact at a dental interview a topic came up that involved a large amount of community service for church I had done about 15 years earlier. My interviewer asked my why I hadn't listed it on my application. I told him it had been so many years ago I didn't think about it. He told me if I have to apply again to make sure I list it.
Skip the HS stuff. We are interested in what you were capable of doing while maintaining a college course load, not HS course load.. :)

Reading the replies, I'm leaning towards putting the "2011 - current, then put 60 hours of service while ignoring all my high school hours" option.

It shows my hours from college, but it also shows my years of dedication to this one food drive (even though it happened only twice a year) Thank you so much for the replies!

My fear now is, I hope adcoms don't see how long I have dedicated to this food drive, yet only worked 60 hours over the course of 9 years. That seems pretty odd, but I could answer this during interviews, I think.

Just include your collge hours, however it should say 2015 (or whenever you started college) to current, 60 hours. Since this shows a greater time commitment over a shorter period of time while you were clearly in college. 120 v. 60 is not a big difference imo. If it was like 1500 v. 60 then I would include the high school hours haha

Reactions: 1 user