• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

MLC45

2+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2017
  1. Dental Student
I would list all all the years. I think it shows that your involvement with the community isn't just because it's a requirement for the application. In fact at a dental interview a topic came up that involved a large amount of community service for church I had done about 15 years earlier. My interviewer asked my why I hadn't listed it on my application. I told him it had been so many years ago I didn't think about it. He told me if I have to apply again to make sure I list it.

About the Ads

DapperC

2+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2019
  1. Pre-Dental
Think of it as resetting the button once you graduated from hs.
I would list all all the years. I think it shows that your involvement with the community isn't just because it's a requirement for the application. In fact at a dental interview a topic came up that involved a large amount of community service for church I had done about 15 years earlier. My interviewer asked my why I hadn't listed it on my application. I told him it had been so many years ago I didn't think about it. He told me if I have to apply again to make sure I list it.
Skip the HS stuff. We are interested in what you were capable of doing while maintaining a college course load, not HS course load.. :)

Reading the replies, I'm leaning towards putting the "2011 - current, then put 60 hours of service while ignoring all my high school hours" option.

It shows my hours from college, but it also shows my years of dedication to this one food drive (even though it happened only twice a year) Thank you so much for the replies!

My fear now is, I hope adcoms don't see how long I have dedicated to this food drive, yet only worked 60 hours over the course of 9 years. That seems pretty odd, but I could answer this during interviews, I think.

S_Diamond_DDS

5+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2015
  1. Dentist
Just include your collge hours, however it should say 2015 (or whenever you started college) to current, 60 hours. Since this shows a greater time commitment over a shorter period of time while you were clearly in college. 120 v. 60 is not a big difference imo. If it was like 1500 v. 60 then I would include the high school hours haha

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.