This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted876933

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 users
So I was down in the dumps in WL hell about to give up because my 2017 MCAT was set to expire for 99% of schools. I was basing this off of the policies that were listed last year when I applied. IDK if its due to COVID or what, but many schools have pushed back their requirements by up to 2 years. Last year my MCAT was not accepted for PCOM for example, but now this year all of a sudden it is still valid. I just thought I should get the word out because I did not know it and almost gave up.
That said, and this is good news, it is incumbent upon applicants to check the admissions websites of each and every school they intend to apply to to see if this holds true.

Reactions: 1 user
That said, and this is good news, it is incumbent upon applicants to check the admissions websites of each and every school they intend to apply to to see if this holds true.

Hey Goro, are the dates for oldest MCAT accepted on the Choose DO Explorer page accurate in your estimation?

I've been checking school websites as well, but it's a bit vague at times. Most schools say they accept MCATs within 3 years of matriculation date. Does this mean calendar years, as in any MCATs from 2018 are good for 2021 matriculation, or is it exactly 3 years from the start of the first semester in 2021, so around July/August of 2018?

At least one school made it clear that it's calendar years, and on the Choose DO Explorer most of these schools have January 2018 listed as the oldest accepted, so I hope it's the former situation. My MCAT was taken January 2018.

Hey Goro, are the dates for oldest MCAT accepted on the Choose DO Explorer page accurate in your estimation?

I've been checking school websites as well, but it's a bit vague at times. Most schools say they accept MCATs within 3 years of matriculation date. Does this mean calendar years, as in any MCATs from 2018 are good for 2021 matriculation, or is it exactly 3 years from the start of the first semester in 2021, so around July/August of 2018?

At least one school made it clear that it's calendar years, and on the Choose DO Explorer most of these schools have January 2018 listed as the oldest accepted, so I hope it's the former situation. My MCAT was taken January 2018.
Have no idea. It's your responsibility to double check these things.