This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted876933

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am considering shoving in some applications to DO schools while I remain very high on 1 remaining WL. I wonder how much do I need to alter my PS to not be dismissed immediately? Can I alter it a little bit or do I need to do a complete teardown? I am wondering because I am considering using my old statement and just applying to schools that I did not last year. I applied in mid-Nov. last time, will applying earlier most likely yield more interviews or is the early Adv. not as big of a deal? I am rushing through this at this point because I believed my MCAT to be expired due to last year's guidelines, but it seems many schools are accepting MCATs a year older than they had the previous year. So any advice would be greatly appreciated. Especially from the wise @Goro and @Faha
Meaning are you simply reusing the same essay to apply to DO schools that you haven't applied to before? If yes, it's OK to use the same essay. We already know people do this.

Members don't see this ad :)
How well did it work for you the first time?
Lots of interviews? - change very little.
Not so many? - might want to make more changes

Would rewriting it completely be worth delaying my DO application by a month? if I submit my primary on July 1st will there be much loss in my competitiveness from submitting in mid-June for example? Now that I have @Goro 's attention. I am currently somewhere between 8-1 on the WL at a DO school in my region. So far in May, they have gone through over 50 spots on their WL, would you imagine there should be enough movement before August that not getting in would be unlikely or is there no way to tell in this game? They usually let anywhere from 40-60 people in off the WL in the previous 3 cycles, but they have never let so many in May and I am having trouble interpreting what that means for my chances. For example, they went through the first 30 WL spots in 4 business days. The school starts orientation in the second week of August. I have gone back and forth from thinking I have no chance to basically feeling like this is wrapped up in my favor. Does this sound extremely favorable for my chances or not enough information to make a guess, either way, @Goro ?
Yes. You could apply in early Nov and still not be late for DO.

There is no way to predict anything where wait list are concerned. As of right now, you're rejected, and you should be planning accordingly.

Reactions: 1 user
You should always rewrite essays. To do otherwise telegraphs laziness
But how much can your PS change?
I'm in literally the same boat as OP, and I'm wondering if the story that drew me to medicine can really have changed in another year? I have my scribe experience but that's about it...
( And some with specific secondaries)

But how much can your PS change?
I'm in literally the same boat as OP, and I'm wondering if the story that drew me to medicine can really have changed in another year? I have my scribe experience but that's about it...
( And some with specific secondaries)
How much it can change is totally up to you. It doesn't have to be a word for word rewrite.

Reactions: 1 user
Do the scribe and then apply.

And work on interview skills.
Is 300 hours not a lot of clinical experience? When I reapply I'll have something like 500 total between paid and not paid...

That's a lot, but you can never have too much. But this really isn't the Op's issue, it's his interview performance.
Why are you saying that? He only had one interview!!!