This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted1052671

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure what AZCOM offers as far as research but there are plenty of opportunities to get research done at Marian. There are faculty at the school who are always taking students, Eli Lilly opportunities, and opportunities at St Vincent and IU. It's largely up to the individual how much they want to get involved in. They talk about primary care and its included in their mission but they don't push it. Now the GME director will be pretty straight with you if you are aiming for ortho or plastics and don't have the app for it. There is also plenty of time for auditions. Although they don't list all rotations outside of the cores as just "electives," the requirements are very flexible.

I'm not sure what AZCOM offers as far as research but there are plenty of opportunities to get research done at Marian. There are faculty at the school who are always taking students, Eli Lilly opportunities, and opportunities at St Vincent and IU. It's largely up to the individual how much they want to get involved in. They talk about primary care and its included in their mission but they don't push it. Now the GME director will be pretty straight with you if you are aiming for ortho or plastics and don't have the app for it. There is also plenty of time for auditions. Although they don't list all rotations outside of the cores as just "electives," the requirements are very flexible.
Thank you for your response! Can you explain what the Eli Lilly opportunities are? I haven't heard of it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for your response! Can you explain what the Eli Lilly opportunities are? I haven't heard of it.
They typically have summer opportunities for a few students, I believe 2-4, that you can apply for and get paid for. Also, during 4th year there is occasionally a research rotation available there.

You can also have up to 2 rotations that are non-clinical, which people typically used for research, academic medicine or an online business in medicine elective (aka a free month for interviews).

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.