This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kobe4554

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would def. apply this cycle. There is a huge advantage for applying early plus you can mention your masters program. I am confident you will get interviews this cycle if you didn't get any last cycle. In addition, you can update your Fall grades assuming you do very well in December.

Which program? Definitely apply, work your ass off, update your fall grades asap after they are posted to show that you are getting a better gpa in masters. Just finished a masters myself and most people apply and then constantly update their transcript to aadsas to upload your grades. Especially if your masters has any sort of linkage or connection to a dental program at your school.

I was in a similar situation and one of the biggest driving forces for me to apply during the program was my DAT expiring. I had multiple interviews and got accepted to all of my top choices and will be attending my #1 choice.
If it's a program that matriculates many students to dental school, the dental school may know and regard that masters program highly
I know applying is a cost, but so is retaking the DAT. You never know what could happen