UConn School of Dental Medicine C/O 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone!

Link to last years thread: *** The Official UConn School of Dental Medicine C/O 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Link to interview prep: University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Could anyone currently attending or alumni tell me what the environment is like at UCONN? I've heard things are very stressful due to the overwhelmingly competitive environment. Is this true? If not, what's the atmosphere like? Any other advice or experiences to share? Thanks!

Could anyone currently attending or alumni tell me what the environment is like at UCONN? I've heard things are very stressful due to the overwhelmingly competitive environment. Is this true? If not, what's the atmosphere like? Any other advice or experiences to share? Thanks!
They have a pass/fail grading system with no ranking. I'd be amazed if they are hyper competitive even with that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all! I am a current student at UConn Dental. Please feel free to reach out with any questions you might have about the school! Good luck with the application process.

Reactions: 1 users
I'd like to just echo what was posted above. UConn is Pass/Fail without class rank. In fact, I would say it's on the complete opposite spectrum of being an overwhelmingly competitive environment. Students routinely study together in groups and study materials are freely shared among classmates. This is because it really does not matter what you scored on the exam compared to what your classmates scored, as long as you all pass. It's one of the great things about UConn and what makes the community feel so special. Students really work together and help each other out.

Hey all! I am a current student at UConn Dental. Please feel free to reach out with any questions you might have about the school! Good luck with the application process.

What is it like having the med-school curriculum integrated into dental school?

What is it like having the med-school curriculum integrated into dental school?
I really enjoyed the med-school integration. It is only for your first year and a half, but it gives you a great comprehensive education. This allows for the chance to learn about all human body systems in more depth since you are learning the same material the med students are learning and need to know. Part of the curriculum includes full-body human anatomy with cadaveric dissection, which was probably my favorite course. Another nice benefit is these courses are pass/fail, which eases a lot of stress. You do have to work hard and the material is still difficult, but the professors are helpful and make sure you have every opportunity to pass. Med and dental students also work together and there really is no distinction between the two during the combined classes. The professors don't even really know if you're med or dental unless you tell them. It also makes studying for Dental Boards a lot easier and helps with studying for the CBSE if wanting to specialize in OMFS. You do have some dental courses that are incorporated while you are taking the integrated courses, but it is definitely manageable. Looking back, I am very glad that I had the med-school integration.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Interview #1
School: U Conn
Notification date: 07/13/20
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/16
Application complete date: 6/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.75, 3.73
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/24/21/21/none
Dates available OR your interview date: Mondays and Fridays beginning September 11 (online format)

best of luck everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Alright the crazy email refreshing has officially commenced and now This Is Not Going To Stop Until March 2021

• Haha
Alright the crazy email refreshing has officially commenced and now This Is Not Going To Stop Until March 2021
For anyone wondering, last year it looks like in state/in region students got invites about 1 to 1.5 weeks before any out of state students.

Reactions: 1 user
For anyone wondering, last year it looks like in state/in region students got invites about 1 to 1.5 weeks before any out of state students.
It seems like @toothfairy1103 is OOS though (NY residency)? Is there a preference for states that surround Connecticut?

It seems like @toothfairy1103 is OOS though (NY residency)? Is there a preference for states that surround Connecticut?
pretty sure there is preference given to students in the north east

Edit: just checked. Looks like NY isn’t included in “in region”, so who knows.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #1
School: U Conn
Notification date: 07/13/20
Residency: NY
Application complete date: 6/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.75, 3.73
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/24/21/21/none
Dates available OR your interview date: Mondays and Fridays beginning September 11 (online format)

best of luck everyone!

Congrats! When did you receive the email from UConn your application was completed and under review?

Hi guys, I have a general question about the order applicants are selected for invitations to interviews.
I completed my application and received the completion notification from uconn the same day as toothfairy1103 did (congrats btw) but have yet to receive an interview invite. Is the first round of interview invitations solely dependent on time of application submission or do I still have a chance of getting an invite later in the next round with students who have more average stats compared to toothfairies? For context cGPA 3.65, sGPA 3.55 DAT 21AA 22PAT 21RC 23QR 22 CHEM 20Orgo 19bio. I'm also in state so I was hoping that would help. Thanks !

Hi guys, I have a general question about the order applicants are selected for invitations to interviews.
I completed my application and received the completion notification from uconn the same day as toothfairy1103 did (congrats btw) but have yet to receive an interview invite. Is the first round of interview invitations solely dependent on time of application submission or do I still have a chance of getting an invite later in the next round with students who have more average stats compared to toothfairies? For context cGPA 3.65, sGPA 3.55 DAT 21AA 22PAT 21RC 23QR 22 CHEM 20Orgo 19bio. I'm also in state so I was hoping that would help. Thanks !
It's still so early in the interview invite process, so I wouldn't worry too much (although being the Type A neurotic person I am, I'm still obsessively checking my email lol. easier said than done I guess!!). I got the application complete email from UConn the day before toothfairy1103. Checking the threads from previous years there doesn't seem to be a preference for IS/OOS interview invite send-out dates? but then again, SDN is probably not the best sample size to be pulling from. All we can do is sit on our hands and wait!

I just got the invite a hour ago! And you’re not alone, I was checking my email probably upwards of 20 times a day

Don’t stress about when you might receive an interview. I applied last year early July and got my interview invite late October for a mid-November interview. I know it’s hard not to compare yourself to others (I did it last year), but just try to relax and hope for the best. If you don’t get invited for an interview by October, send an email to admissions stating your deep interest in the program. Days after I sent an email I got an interview. Don’t underestimate the power of personal contact (email/call)!! I used the same logic which eventually got me off the waitlist!

Reactions: 2 users

Hey what's the area like in terms of ummm... conservative attitude. Not the whitest person on the block so just wanna know if the area is accepting. The class demographic is pretty directional so im a bit worried.

Interview #1
School:
UConn !
Notification date: 04/21
Residency: New England Resident
Application complete date: 06/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.5, 3.7
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22, 22, 21, 22, none
Dates available OR your interview date: Mon/Fri after Sept 11
Method of interview: Virtual

Interview #1
School: UConn
Notification date: 07/21
Residency: In-State
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/18
Application complete date: 06/28
GPA (science, overall): 3.2, 3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23, 22, 21, 30, none
Dates available OR your interview date: Mon/Fri after 9/11

Hey what's the area like in terms of ummm... conservative attitude. Not the whitest person on the block so just wanna know if the area is accepting. The class demographic is pretty directional so im a bit worried.
That's a great question. I would say that the school is more than accepting and the class is rather diverse. I think one thing that makes UConn unique, is built into the curriculum is a course called VITAL which goes into different social topics and other topics that are different than just your basic sciences. It allows for group discussions on current events and topics going on in the world and their impact on us as future healthcare providers. There are also a number of different groups and clubs on campus available to join.

Interview #1
Notification date: 07/29
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/26
Application complete date: 07/20
GPA (science, overall): 3.88, 3.91
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 28/30/27/30/none
Dates available OR your interview date: Sept 25

Last edited:
Interview #1
Notification Date: 08/06
Method of Notification: Email
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/21
Application complete date: 07/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.74, 3.81
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/18/17/none
Dates available OR your interview date: Sept 11

glad I'm not the only one lol

Does anyone know if they send OOS invites later than IS/New England? I know they take a small % of OOS but didn't know if the timeline was different.

Hey guys. I'm very interested in attending UCONN for dental school, but I am trying to determine if I have a reasonable chance of being accepted considering my out of state status. I am from Georgia with a 3.91 sGPA 3.88 oGPA and have a 22 AA, 23 TS, and 20 PAT. Will my lower PAT decrease my chances of admission?

Hey guys. I'm very interested in attending UCONN for dental school, but I am trying to determine if I have a reasonable chance of being accepted considering my out of state status. I am from Georgia with a 3.91 sGPA 3.88 oGPA and have a 22 AA, 23 TS, and 20 PAT. Will my lower PAT decrease my chances of admission?
Anything above a 17 PAT is fine, that and QR are the lowest sections in terms of priority. PAT is usually “pass/fail” and some schools have a cutoff around 16 or 17 and anything above that is fine. Some schools may prefer a high score though so all schools are different. 20 PAT is great

Received an OOS interview invite yesterday afternoon; submitted on June 16th but my application was only recently completed.

New England resident? Or no? Do you mind sharing your stats?

I’m not from the North-east, just a Georgia resident with connections to UConn Health. I’ll DM you my stats when I schedule for an interview date later on today.

I’m not from the North-east, just a Georgia resident with connections to UConn Health. I’ll DM you my stats when I schedule for an interview date later on today.
Do you mind DMing me also? I'm also from the South and applied June 17th!

Received an OOS interview invite yesterday afternoon; submitted on June 16th but my application was only recently completed.

Was your invite for the September dates or has it rolled over to October already?

Was your invite for the September dates or has it rolled over to October already?

Give me one more day, the admissions coordinator and I have been playing a game of cat & mouse with phone calls.

I love UConn’s program and I would love to go there I’m afraid they think I’m just going to stick with my in state school (Michigan). Is it too early to send a letter of interest?

Try not to fret too much guys, we’re still relatively early in the interview cycle, with COVID and all—plus I’m sure you guys are great candidates. If you want, a letter of intent wouldn’t hurt.

My interview is scheduled for September 21st. Apparently those invited to interviews are supposed to receive an info package in the mail, but I haven't gotten anything yet (scheduled about a month ago). Anyone else receive something?

Interview #1
Notification date: 08/26/20
Residency: CT
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/10
Application complete date: 8/12
GPA (science, overall): 3.2, 3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/21/20/none
Congrats! If people who submitted in Aug are getting interviews, does this mean they’re already done looking at all the apps submitted in June/July? Is it sequential like that?

I have the same question, I got a “Application complete” email in July, but haven’t heard back since then.

I have the same question, I got a “Application complete” email in July, but haven’t heard back since then.
I agree, I that email on July 1st and I'm in-state and haven't heard back. I am getting a little nervous but wonder if there will be other rounds of interview invites sent out.

I agree, I that email on July 1st and I'm in-state and haven't heard back. I am getting a little nervous but wonder if there will be other rounds of interview invites sent out.

They interview all the way until December. Last year I applied early June and didn’t get an invite until late October. Hang in there!

Reactions: 4 users