UConn School of Dental Medicine C/O 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

They interview all the way until December. Last year I applied early June and didn’t get an invite until late October. Hang in there!
How many batches of interviews do they send? (UConn and other schools in general)

Members don't see this ad.

How many batches of interviews do they send? (UConn and other schools in general)
I think it varies greatly per school. For example, Marquette has announced that they did one wave of invites for Fall and they're going to do another one for spring. It seems like UConn is doing rolling invites, so we'll just have to be patient and keep refreshing our emails :dead:

Reactions: 1 user
Is UConn still sending out interviews? I heard that people received interviews all the way back the July and I haven't heard anything yet

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to those who have received an interview, I pray for those others who haven't, stay faithful! Question, I heard they were going to send some materials via mail to review prior to the interview, to those who have received it, could you please share (if possible) what is discussed in the package? Thx

Interview #1
School: UConn
Notification date: 10/05/20
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CT
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/17
Application complete date: 07/01
GPA (science, overall): 3.2, 3.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/20/19/30/none
Dates available OR your interview date: Mondays and Fridays beginning September 11 (online format)

Anyone know when the last pre-december interview date is?

Anyone know when the last pre-december interview date is?
Unless this school is your top choice, you have great interviewes at Harvard and Upenn! Dont think about it a lot!

Reactions: 1 users
Hello! Is there anyone I can DM to ask questions about the virtual interview?

Do interviewees need to purchase a WebEx premium account? The free account only allows 50 minutes for a virtual meeting’s time length.

Do interviewees need to purchase a WebEx premium account? The free account only allows 50 minutes for a virtual meeting’s time length.
Pretty sure it’s based on the host. So they probably have a premium account and you join their meeting

I'm so weirded out by the admission cycle. I have pretty good stats (3.9 o and sGPA and 24 DAT with pretty good EC) but the only interview i've gotten to this point has been from UCSF. While UCSF is my top choice i just find it weird that I got an interview from a more selective school while Marquette, Colorado and to a point UCONN have kind of ignored me. Im just so confused why the college i think would have ignored me, didnt and the ones i didnt expected to, did. This year is weird.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm so weirded out by the admission cycle. I have pretty good stats (3.9 o and sGPA and 24 DAT with pretty good EC) but the only interview i've gotten to this point has been from UCSF. While UCSF is my top choice i just find it weird that I got an interview from a more selective school while Marquette, Colorado and to a point UCONN have kind of ignored me. Im just so confused why the college i think would have ignored me, didnt and the ones i didnt expected to, did. This year is weird.
Tell me about it

When did you apply?

Interview #3
Notification date: 11/05/20
Residency: SC
Application complete date: 7/23
GPA (science, overall): 4.0, 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/26/25/none
Dates Available OR Interview Date: 11/13 (You call and schedule your interview and they're on Mondays and Fridays)

Last edited:
Interview #3
Notification date: 11/05/20
Residency: SC
Application complete date: 7/23
GPA (science, overall): 4.0, 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/26/25/none
Dates Available OR Interview Date: 11/13 (You call and schedule your interview and they're on Mondays and Fridays)
Any ties to the school in any way?

Last edited:
Has anyone interviewed yet? I have one tomorrow! Any tips/ advice would be greatly appreciated! TIA!

Has anyone interviewed yet? I have one tomorrow! Any tips/ advice would be greatly appreciated! TIA!
I interviewed last month and it was really laid back! The info sesh was a small group of students and felt very conversational, which I liked. During the actual interview they just asked me about experiences on my app and what I learned from them, and a few ethical questions. After the interview I really really liked UConn and could definitely see myself going there! Don't worry too much about it, if they invited you to an interview they already like you a lot!

What is the consensus on sending a letter of intent post-interview and before decision day (Dec 15th).

What is the consensus on sending a letter of intent post-interview and before decision day (Dec 15th).
YOLO

It may help it may not. I doubt it will hurt you though. If it makes you feel more comfortable knowing you've done absolutely everything then go for it

Last edited:
If you interviewed, does UCONN send an email on December 15th if you were accepted/waitlisted or do they call?

Same thing here. No interview, application denied.

When did you guys apply? Seems like they rejected a lot of OOS people with great stats. I’m OOS and haven’t been rejected yet but it seems like it’s inevitable.

I applied in June. 23 AA, 3.75 gpa, 3.70 sgpa. Status just changed back to under review so I don’t know what to think at the moment

My status was changed to "Application denied" about 30 minutes ago. Now it says "Received/ Under Review." Don't know what it means. I'm OOS and no interview.

8/7 verified and app complete. The admissions team reverted my denied application within the last hour, but I feel like I know what's gonna hit me tomorrow. OOS app

For those that have a status of "Check back Dec. 15", it doesn't mean you're getting accepted/waitlisted. Some get that status and have been waitlisted and some do get accepted with that status, don't look into it that much. You should hear back by email around 8am EST tomorrow (at least that's how it's been for the past previous years). Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Just got a rejection email at 6:12 EST, good luck everyone!!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Rejected, OOS. Congratulations to everyone who received offers!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Waitlisted at 6:08am

Felt like a punch in the gut as this is my top choice

Accepted this morning at 6:07 am! As an OOS applicant, I'm so excited. UCONN is my number one choice and I honestly still can't believe I got in.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users