Boston University (BU) School of Dental Medicine Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone!

Link to last years thread: ***Official Boston University (BU) Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Link to interview prep: Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted my application on June 16th and it was verified a couple of days after. BU sent me the link to pay the supplemental fee which I have already completed but my status currently says "Received/Waiting Additional Information." Is anyone else in this same situation?

Reactions: 1 users
I submitted my application on June 16th and it was verified a couple of days after. BU sent me the link to pay the supplemental fee which I have already completed but my status currently says "Received/Waiting Additional Information." Is anyone else in this same situation?
Yes it says that for me as well

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes it says that for me too!

yup me too

Same here!

Mine just changed to under-review yesterday and I got an email from them that confirmed!

Do we need to take the CASPer test for our application to be considered complete?

:(
What is this? I haven't heard of this test before
I haven't taken it yet, but I believe its some kind of test to see how you respond to ethical dilemmas. I just saw that BU is listed as a school that requires it. Some schools don't consider your application until you have taken the test whereas others only require it if they choose to interview you.

I haven't taken it yet, but I believe its some kind of test to see how you respond to ethical dilemmas. I just saw that BU is listed as a school that requires it. Some schools don't consider your application until you have taken the test whereas others only require it if they choose to interview you.
Does BU send a separate link for this test? How would it be included in the application process?

Does BU send a separate link for this test? How would it be included in the application process?
That's kind of what I was wondering. I don't know if we are supposed to take this test now or if they only expect us to take it upon being interviewed?

Members don't see this ad :)
This is the first I am hearing about Casper required for BU, I do no see it listed anywhere on their dental website? i actually in fact made sure I applied to schools that did not require Casper and their school was not listed on the Casper website at the beginning of the cycle but now it is.

This is the first I am hearing about Casper required for BU, I do no see it listed anywhere on their dental website? i actually in fact made sure I applied to schools that did not require Casper and their school was not listed on the Casper website at the beginning of the cycle but now it is.
Yeah, they don't mention Casper as a requirement on their website. However, I saw them listed on the Casper website as a school that requires it. Does anyone know if BU actually requires this test or not?

Yeah, they don't mention Casper as a requirement on their website. However, I saw them listed on the Casper website as a school that requires it. Does anyone know if BU actually requires this test or not?
Yep Im just going to go with no because their own website does not mention it. I hope they dont switch up on us after the cycle has opened.

Hey everyone! I just took the Casper Test two Sunday's ago since I needed it for Temple. When I was making the reservation for it, I saw that BU was also on the distribution list so I went ahead and added it to be on the safe side. My scores are still pending so if my status on BU changes so that it stops saying "Waiting for Additional Materials", then we can confirm that it is required. I attached the list of dental schools that I saw on the Casper Website when I made the reservation.

Attachments

• 106636829_697395591115396_6522898151751979467_n.jpg
    106636829_697395591115396_6522898151751979467_n.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 205
Hey everyone! I just took the Casper Test two Sunday's ago since I needed it for Temple. When I was making the reservation for it, I saw that BU was also on the distribution list so I went ahead and added it to be on the safe side. My scores are still pending so if my status on BU changes so that it stops saying "Waiting for Additional Materials", then we can confirm that it is required. I attached the list of dental schools that I saw on the Casper Website when I made the reservation.
Thank you so much for letting us know! Really appreciate it :)

I did not do the casper test and my application changed from waiting addition info to under review 2 days ago

According to BU's website, their supplemental application was the supplemental fee and is considered complete after that has been paid.

So I believe CASPer is only needed upon interview since they do not acknowledge it.

Has anyone emailed BU asking?

Why did you need one for Temple? I thought their supplemental was only a payment according to their email.

Why did you need one for Temple? I thought their supplemental was only a payment according to their email.

I saw this statement on Temple's requirement page in AADSAS so I went ahead and completed it just in case so that I wouldn't be bombarded later. I also ended up applying to Louisville which also required it.

"The Computer-Based Assessment for Sampling Personal Characteristics (CASPer) Test

All interviewees to the four year DMD program at Temple University Kornberg School of Dentistry are required to complete an online assessment (CASPer), to assist with our selection process for the 2020-2021 Admissions Cycle."

My application was completed and verified June 27 and BU still has it has waiting additional info. I know I have everything in and the fee paid. Anyone else in this boat?

I just received an email from BU saying that my application is complete and that it's under review. My status in AADSAS changed to Under Review.

I don’t believe BU requires CASPER

I don't believe they do. I think Louisville has been the only school I have seen to have it as part of their supplemental application. Other schools state they will only ask for CASPer scores if you are invited for an interview

Have u guys taken the DAT as yet? I am two weeks away from taking it just curious!

I would like to know what is the interview format at BostonU?

For the ADEA AADSAS section where it asks about how covid impacted us, if we already answered that in our adea aadsas primary app, can we leave it blank or should we copy-paste what we wrote into the boston-specific questions section?

Is it true that Boston sent out interviews?

Have not seen any either, I guess no one can confirm that for now.

Just got an interview invite today

Last edited:
Congrats! when was your application complete?

Submitted back in June & paid their fee. Took my DAT In aug and just got my last LOR uploaded a week ago so I’d say it was officially complete last week.

if it says "received/waiting additional information" will they still review your application and potentially offer you an interview or will the only wait until all your info is here?

For those of you that received an interview invite what does your status say on AADSAS?

Does it say: ”Invited for Interview” or “Received/Application Complete"?

thanks in advance!!