Boston University (BU) School of Dental Medicine Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

lol just emailed them asking for the status of my app!!
isn't it frowned upon to email schools? i was thinking about emailing them as well but i am not too sure

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Wow, your stats are amazing!! I would try e-mailing admissions and try to get an answer because they have been sending out interview invitations. Are you in-state or out of state? Because they might be looking at that too.
I’m OOS so yeah that might play a role in it honestly. But yes I plan on emailing them soon to see if it’s still under review and what I can maybe do to show my interest!

I’m OOS so yeah that might play a role in it honestly. But yes I plan on emailing them soon to see if it’s still under review and what I can maybe do to show my interest!
isn't it frowned upon to email schools? i was thinking about emailing them as well but i am not too sure

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like because it’s coming to the end of Pre-December invites it could be okay? But I feel like it should only be to schools you are super interested in and maybe more of a letter of interest format? I know a few people on Facebook have sent out letters of interest already. Maybe even if you have an update for the school about your app and kind of slip in the question about the status? Honestly I’m not sure what I’m going to say/do yet because I also kind of feel odd emailing them about it

Is it frowned upon to inquire about the status of your application from the admin office? I have heard a lot of people say admissions does not want people to bombarding them with emails.

Is it frowned upon to inquire about the status of your application from the admin office? I have heard a lot of people say admissions does not want people to bombarding them with emails.
Honestly not sure,,, but I think the worst thing that could happen is either them not reading my email or ghosting me. I guess it's up to you guys if anyone wants to send an email to school. I will definitely update if I receive a reply from school lol

Reactions: 4 users
OK AN UPDATE

I received an email back this morning and all they said was that my app is still under review and they are working on it. They said it very politely it didnt seem like they were irritated by my email.... Lol

Reactions: 2 users
OK AN UPDATE

I received an email back this morning and all they said was that my app is still under review and they are working on it. They said it very politely it didnt seem like they were irritated by my email.... Lol
Thanks for the update!!! Did you email admissions or someone else?

Reactions: 1 users
OK AN UPDATE

would you mind sharing how your approached them in the email?

I see there are many of you wondering if you should email the admission or not. Based on my own experience it never hurts to email the admission to follow up on your status. However, after couple of emails, always try to include something you've been doing in the meantime. Don't just email and be like what's the status. You can update them with new grades, shadowing, assisting or anything related to be honest. That way they update your application and also see your interest. I got an interview in January (2018) and was waitlisted till April, so don't lose hope.
Hope this helped, let me know if you guys have any other question.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #6
School: Boston University
Notification date:
11/30/20
Method of notification: email
Residency: IS (MA)
Application complete date: 8/28/20
GPA (overall, science): 3.6, 3.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24 / 23 / 20 / 23 / none
Dates available OR your interview date: Not decided yet
Method of Interview: Zoom

Reactions: 4 users
Have any Canadians received interview invites yet? Does anyone have a rough idea when BU extends interview invitations to international/Canadian students?

For those of you who have completed all of the presentations and student panel, did you guys have BU checklist checked after attending? Mine is still not marked up, and I was wondering if I should worry

For those of you who have completed all of the presentations and student panel, did you guys have BU checklist checked after attending? Mine is still not marked up, and I was wondering if I should worry
Mine didn't check off the items either/ I couldn't check them off as well

Received an acceptance few minutes ago. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats! When did you guys interview? I interviewed about a little under 2 weeks ago and want to know if I should expect to hear back or not.
I interviewed back in September but I did not attend the info sessions until the end of November.

Accepted @ 1:01 AM EST!!!

Last edited:
For those who got accepted, did you guys get conditional acceptance background check?

I got my acceptance at 11:59 PM (eastern time). Congrats to everyone who got good news today! Also, can anyone give me their opinion about BU vs Tufts.

Last edited:
Accepted 12:34 am EST through email!!!! Will they give out scholarships?

Anyone else not hear back at all yesterday? My portal status didn't change either, should I just assume waitlist?

Anyone else not hear back at all yesterday? My portal status didn't change either, should I just assume waitlist?
I know other schools are sending notification of being waitlisted. I havent heard anything from boston u. My status remained “invited for interview”. Anyone else had similar experience? I interviewed back in early oct

Accepted!!! Does anyone know if there is an unofficial FB page or another group chat for accepted students? Would love to meet everyone!

I was accepted on the 15th around 12:30 am. If you haven’t been waitlisted or denied yet then I would think you would still have a chance of getting in. I haven’t heard a decision from all of the schools I’ve interviewed with just yet.

I was accepted on the 15th around 12:30 am. If you haven’t been waitlisted or denied yet then I would think you would still have a chance of getting in. I haven’t heard a decision from all of the schools I’ve interviewed with just yet.
Congratulation! Did they include scholarship in the acceptance email?

Congratulation! Did they include scholarship in the acceptance email?
Thank you!!! No, they did not include any scholarship information in the email. I will definitely be applying for loans though haha. Are you still waiting to hear back?