-

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted923453

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Talk directly to the dentist who originally said they’d write one for you. Maybe the office manager is just out of the loop

Reactions: 3 users
Should i just cut the loss now and realistically look for another dentist among this covid situation?
You should talk directly to the dentist first. If they still won’t write you the letter after talking to them, then definitely find somewhere new

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds like the office manager is trying to extort you for free labor

Reactions: 9 users
Bro. Have you already talked to the dentist that previously agreed? Like have actually talked to/emailed/called that dentist? You're just going in circles here. Do that first and then figure out your Plan B

Reactions: 7 users
Should i just cut the loss now and realistically look for another dentist among this covid situation?
Try to reach the dentist directly. If that doesn't work out, look for another dentist. Explain the situation and they will be understanding. Shadow for a week and ask for a letter. I had a similar situation earlier because the practice I used to shadow at was closed

I noticed a strange office dynamics while shadowing.
The office manager & lead assistant lady have worked for 20+ yrs (so much longer than any of the associate dentists)
They basically override everyone except for the owner (and the owner doesn't care about students).

well it was futile

Can I add new recommendation letter writer after submitting the application to some schools?
I am planning on applying to schools that dont require a letter from dentist first...
Talk.
To.
The.
Dentist.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
This is outrageous. Frankly, you need to go tell that manager to her face that you're not asking for a rec letter from her or the office you're working at so she needs to mind her own d*** business. If a dentist wants to write you a rec letter, he will write you a letter. It's a "personal" rec letter for a reason. The manager or anybody in that office can't do nothing about it. Honestly, if the dentist thinks you'd be a great dentist, you can just quit your job NOW and he will still write you one down the road.

What a bunch of scumbags taking advantage of predentals

Reactions: 1 users
1. Did you send the ADEA request to the work email? Talk to the dentist in person and ask for their personal email so you can forward the ADEA letter request to that email instead.
2. If you are not comfortable asking the dentist in person, can this dentist write you a strong letter of recommendation? You should be comfortable with following up if the dentist did not submit the letter when you wanted to.

Like @BeggarsCantBeChoosers said, when you quit, if they wanted to write a letter they can still do so.

Seriously, just talk to the dentist. Its not that hard.
Call their office extension or their cell phone if you have it. Writing a letter is a personal thing, not business, so the dentist doesn't have to report it to the office.
If you're too passive/timid to do what needs to be done and ask the dentist directly, on top of being so willing to give up on getting a letter after 7 months at a practice, you should reconsider your career path.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.