• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Sky138

2+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2019
  1. Medical Student
From your post, your internship doesn’t sound great but at the same time it doesn’t sound completely horrible either. I don’t think anyone would fault you if you wanted to give up but at the same time, I think there’s potential. The fact that they don’t know how to answer your questions might mean that they’re not used to having premeds around, aka no precedent. Which to me, sounds like a prime opportunity to create a role unique to you. That’s what I did anyways when I was doing research and it turned out really well for me.

Reactions: 1 user
D

deleted1040417

From your post, your internship doesn’t sound great but at the same time it doesn’t sound completely horrible either. I don’t think anyone would fault you if you wanted to give up but at the same time, I think there’s potential. The fact that they don’t know how to answer your questions might mean that they’re not used to having premeds around, aka no precedent. Which to me, sounds like a prime opportunity to create a role unique to you. That’s what I did anyways when I was doing research and it turned out really well for me.

They made it clear they are not looking for someone in the future and I've already fixed spots for the coming school year. I feel like I'm being a total let down.

Last edited by a moderator:
About the Ads

Sky138

2+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2019
  1. Medical Student
They made it clear they are not looking for someone in the future and I've already fixed spots for the coming school year. I feel like I'm being a total let down since they spent time with meeting with me, setting up meeting with other professionals, and swiftly introducing me to the role/responsibilities.
I know it sucks, especially with COVID, but if I were you I’d ride it out. The hardest part with medicine and clinical research is getting through the door. Once you have the training and some experience, you literally can parley that into other projects with the same department and then branch out if you really want.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.