This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1040417

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
From your post, your internship doesn’t sound great but at the same time it doesn’t sound completely horrible either. I don’t think anyone would fault you if you wanted to give up but at the same time, I think there’s potential. The fact that they don’t know how to answer your questions might mean that they’re not used to having premeds around, aka no precedent. Which to me, sounds like a prime opportunity to create a role unique to you. That’s what I did anyways when I was doing research and it turned out really well for me.

Reactions: 1 user
From your post, your internship doesn’t sound great but at the same time it doesn’t sound completely horrible either. I don’t think anyone would fault you if you wanted to give up but at the same time, I think there’s potential. The fact that they don’t know how to answer your questions might mean that they’re not used to having premeds around, aka no precedent. Which to me, sounds like a prime opportunity to create a role unique to you. That’s what I did anyways when I was doing research and it turned out really well for me.

They made it clear they are not looking for someone in the future and I've already fixed spots for the coming school year. I feel like I'm being a total let down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
They made it clear they are not looking for someone in the future and I've already fixed spots for the coming school year. I feel like I'm being a total let down since they spent time with meeting with me, setting up meeting with other professionals, and swiftly introducing me to the role/responsibilities.
I know it sucks, especially with COVID, but if I were you I’d ride it out. The hardest part with medicine and clinical research is getting through the door. Once you have the training and some experience, you literally can parley that into other projects with the same department and then branch out if you really want.

Reactions: 1 user
What do you mean by fixed spots for the upcoming year?