Monkeymojo

May 23, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
I don't think it needs to go back to why medicine or why Albany since that is not the essay prompt. I would pick one defining activity/event that you are passionate about and use it to describe some characteristic you developed. That way the reader can 'discover' this new trait the same time you learned you possessed it. As a secondary effect, this will keep the essay more in the first-person perspective which will be refreshing for the person reviewing your application.

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
  1. Non-Student
I'm pre-writing secondaries and struggling with this one. I'm assuming they wanna know about hobbies/stuff that sets me apart from other applicants but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to somehow tie that stuff back to why medicine/why albany and since 1,000 chars isn't a lot I don't wanna "waste" space talking about that stuff if it's not necessary.
Instead of assuming what you think they want to hear, why dont you tell them what they would like to know about that may not be found directly in other parts of your application such as the characteristics, traits and personal attributes that you have.

Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.