This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blinkblink2

Reaction score
z

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Call the schools that list you as incomplete and explain your situation.

I can't do that because I wish to conceal the fact that I have accommodations, as is my right. It will have to be done through AAMC

Reactions: 1 user
It's hard to say, but it can't hurt to ask AAMC to see what's going on.

Just call the schools and say you have completed the second MCAT. This is more likely individual schools not updating their files. And there reason that you have to mention anything about accomodation
I don't think you are understanding -- the "second" MCAT is the second day of his accommodation!! He can't do that without revealing that he took the test over two days!!!

For the schools you are marked complete are there two MCAT scores listed? I’m surprised the score would be split reported! Interesting!

Reactions: 1 user
For the schools you are marked complete are there two MCAT scores listed? I’m surprised the score would be split reported! Interesting!
Now, that @candbgirl mentions this, @blinkblink2, how they possibly see both dates without revealing you had an accommodation???

1) if the OP doesnt somehow call the schools and ask that they mark their files complete only saying the MCAT score report is in, there application will sit in Limbo
2) you may recall that a few cycles ago there was concern if schools could see if an applicant had voided an MCAT attempt. My comment was that it was possible, though highly improbable, if a school went back the thru scheduling system, it could infer dates with no scores. some intake systems at schools could be configured to check dates and if the logged in user of the system had the rights, they could be scanning test date. I would guess ( and i emphasize “guess “) that something similar is happening here
No, something else is happening here. Those two dates are both valid test dates, but nobody could be taking the test on both dates without an accommodation, since AAMC only allows you to have one open registration at a time (i.e., you couldn't register to take the test on back-to-back dates without an accommodation, even if you wanted to). If you are correct, that would be a back door way for the school to see OP had an accommodation, which, as he noted, would be a violation of his privacy rights.

It might be that OP is confused, because there is no way AAMC would report a test taken with an accommodation over two days with separate scores for each date. Among other problems, what percentile would a 255 be??? :cool:

Last edited: