This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trillianMcMillan

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I have an interview at the school whose hospital I worked for as a PRN tech and never returned to after I graduated. Adcoms get students are busy! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone,

I work in a clinical support role at a teaching hospital (I'll call it MBH), but I'm currently on leave to study for the MCATs. I'm set to return as a PRN employee soon, but still have a few months until my MCAT, and I'm considering quitting -- for some personal reasons, and I could really use as much time as I can get for MCAT studying, volunteering and app preparation over the next few months (and I'm fortunate to be in a position where I can be unemployed for now).

However, I'm planning to apply to the university associated with MBH (it's my state school, I'd be thrilled to be accepted there), and I'm wondering if quitting a job at MBH could potentially have a negative effect on my application? I don't think my quitting will burn any bridges specifically -- I worked hard there and kept good relationships with everyone; my boss knows how important the MCATs are for me, and I think he'd be disappointed but understanding. Plus my department is managed by nursing, none of my managers are doctors or directly affiliated with the med school.

Still, I'm wondering: does being a current employee at MBH boost my MBH-U application at all? More importantly, would quitting a job at MBH raise any eyebrows on my application?
No

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted to the med school of the hospital I had just quit two weeks before my interview.

Reactions: 1 users