This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoduh

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I primarily used Manhatten Prep's Strategy Guides. It's a whole set that covers each major topic on the GRE and has both strategies and practice problems. It's a little pricey if you buy them new, but I found used ones and just ignored the scribbles. I also bought Manhatten Prep's 5 pound book of practice problems, but honestly didnt use it much.

My biggest advice is:
-take an initial practice exam to see what your strengths and weaknesses are and make a study schedule around those.
-stick to your study schedule and be disciplined!!
-take practice exams quite regularly
-be sure to practice the writing portion too! It's hard to brainstorm and write an essay in just 30 minutes.

Good luck!! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Check out Magoosh if you haven't already! They have different study plans (ex/ 1 month, 3 months) that makes it really easy to stay on track.

I used Barron's to prepare mine 4 years ago. The most difficult part for me was all the vocabulary in the verbal section (English is my second language) and I had a vocab book just for that. Quanti was easy if you have a good grasp of high school math. GRE analytical writing has a fixed pool of questions. If you don't have time to write out every essay (which I didn't), at least scan through all the questions and read some sample 6.0 essays provided by ETS to understand what they're looking for. Good luck, you can do this!!

Status
Not open for further replies.