This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted994703

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where did you apply? If you aren’t confident you can do better than a 19 I would just apply again early June. Spend your time refining your app and making sure everything is perfect. And possibly finding something new to do to enhance your application.

Reactions: 1 user
I applied pretty broadly, which is what I think helped me get interviews.
School list:
ASDOH
USC
LECOM
Midwestern AZ
NYU
NOVA
touro
UCSF
UDM
Western
Roseman
UNLV
UOP
Tufts
California northstate
I feel like i can do better than a 19, i realize its not a competitve score, but in my current environment i dont think i can. maybe when covid is over but who knows when that will be. What do you suggest i do to enhance my app? i havent really done much since last cycle, only thing different will be ill have my masters and have new clubs i was in, couple new letters, some virtual shadowing, but thats it really. Thank you for your advice!!
School selection looks good. Might be able to add/replace a couple schools to optimize your chances.

to enhance your app I would highly recommend doing any of the following: seeking out volunteer opportunities (food bank, local dental foundations or non profits), finding work as a dental assistant (or start by getting X-ray certified), shadowing different specialities, attending virtual dental seminars (ex. Via Patterson edu).

Anything dental related will obviously look good and will substantiate your passion for dentistry.

showing a sustained commitment to serving underserved communities is also good.

aside from adding new meaningful experiences, I would go back and review your LORs, PS, and supplemental questions. Did you solicit feedback from multiple people on those? Could they be strengthened? Make sure you have very strong responses. Also reflect on how you did in the interview. How did you prepare? We’re you confident in your responses or nervous etc.

personally I would retake the DAT but your situation complicates that. Either way you already received 3 interviews with your current profile which shows there’s something there adcoms like. Enhancing the app a bit and optimizing your chances (school selection, applying early) should be enough to get 3+ interviews.

if you need help with any of the above feel free to PM me.

If you got an interview, it means your DAT was good enough, right? Maybe you just needed to apply earlier. Anyone agree or disagree?