I haven't been through it yet (with any luck, I will be in your position next year ), but, from having observed the prior two cycles, T10s save their merit-based money for their rock stars, not merely anyone who has an A and wants to pay less than full price. If this were not the case, EVERYONE would be receiving merit money, and the schools clearly don't have the funding to do that (other than NYU).Hello, I have been accepted to 4 schools so far with 3 being top 10 schools. I have received my financial aid package from one of the schools so far and it was all loans. I wanted to ask 1) Can I negotiate my financial aid even if I do not hold a scholarship, but I hold numerous other acceptances of the same caliber/rank?, 2) When is the best time to negotiate aid? Should I wait until I receive all of the financial aid packages before asking about scholarships?, and 3) What is the best way to ask about receiving a scholarship, negotiating aid, or increasing the amount I can get?
I feel extremely fortunate to have received these acceptances; however, finances are going to play a large role in my final decision, so I wanted to ask early! I appreciate any advice in regards to this topic! Thank you all in advance!