This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bobob13342213

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
She is currently hovering around 492s on the practice tests. She tests this week and is wondering if she should void her exam and then re-take it in January? Would a January MCAT be too late for the MCAT or should she go ahead and score it this week?
Still able to make it, but less likely to be eligible for scholarships. It's more than just an MCAT score, it's a holistic evaluation from GPA to academics.

I took it in January myself and applied in February and got in around march.

I would implore you to tell your friend to not just look at it from a black and white perspective of MCAT only. If his/her application needs a strong MCAT, for sure, focus on higher scores. If GPA is 3.7+ and extracurriculars are strong, you could be a little more lenient.

Again, all relative to a holistic evaluation.

Reactions: 1 user
Still able to make it, but less likely to be eligible for scholarships. It's more than just an MCAT score, it's a holistic evaluation from GPA to academics.

I took it in January myself and applied in February and got in around march.

I would implore you to tell your friend to not just look at it from a black and white perspective of MCAT only. If his/her application needs a strong MCAT, for sure, focus on higher scores. If GPA is 3.7+ and extracurriculars are strong, you could be a little more lenient.

Again, all relative to a holistic evaluation.
Just wondering, if I have an MCAT score from April 2019, would it still be valid for this application cycle (2021-2022)? As in if I were to apply around January or February could I still get in so that I can start Podiatry school on Aug 2022? I'm very new to this field of medicine and am not familiar with how the timeline of the application process.

Just wondering, if I have an MCAT score from April 2019, would it still be valid for this application cycle (2021-2022)? As in if I were to apply around January or February could I still get in so that I can start Podiatry school on Aug 2022? I'm very new to this field of medicine and am not familiar with how the timeline of the application process.

Scores older than 3 years are not accepted:

You should read all you can about the admissions process on AACPMAS. In your case, you might make the 3-year deadline, but I would email the individual programs before submitting an app and confirming this.

Reactions: 1 user