This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iobu

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How difficult is it to fill 40h/w patients for a solo psychiatry clinic?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It's very hard. Will take 3 years minimum unless you really hustle to market and network like a beast.

Reactions: 1 users
Very location dependent, but yeah generally going to take at least 12 months if you're an adult psychiatrist (possibly shorter for CAP depending on your competition). If you're a new grad, probably longer than usual given the time it takes to get your name out there/get referrals/etc. Probably easier to do if you're joining an established group.

Members don't see this ad :)
I take insurance in a saturated area, and I'm entering year 4 and not full with insurance. Granted I froze my medicare, not taking medicaid, and have dropped one low paying insurance that is about 20-30% of the local market population.
A cash psychiatrist in my area shifted gears to TMS.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for your response. Just to clarify, you were not able to fill 40h/w patient load using insurance panel in 4th year?
How much does your insurance panel allow you to make per hour?
How much would the lower paying ones allow one to make per hour?
Why shifted to TMS?

Thank you for answering.
What would be the rates for initial consultation and follow ups respectively in urban and suburban areas around the major top 10 cities? (solo practice)

That seems a long time. I was under the impression that there is a shortage and waiting times are long, so I thought the schedule would fill quicker than in 3 years. Could you please elaborate more?

I would appreciate more answers and please specify if you are an attending psychiatrist.

Why do you care if you’re an IM intern OP? Did you find a psych program to take you?

We would appreciate why exactly you’re asking this question.

Slick OP. Probably best to find a specialty you actually enjoy to transfer into.

To alleviate any confusion here OP is an IM intern who was recently asking about transferring to radiology positions (and conveniently now deleted all this post history) so I highly doubt he/she is actually interested in doing psychiatry rather than trying to figure out a specialty to transfer into to make easy money.

Slick OP. Probably best to find a specialty you actually enjoy to transfer into.

To alleviate any confusion here OP is an IM intern who was recently asking about transferring to radiology positions (and conveniently now deleted all this post history) so I highly doubt he/she is actually interested in doing psychiatry rather than trying to figure out a specialty to transfer into to make easy money.
Do you have nothing better to do than reading the details of my post history? Do you have family and friends? Would you rather read my posts than spend time with them?
Money is a factor in making one's life decisions. Setting realistic financial expectations for the work settings that I would enjoy is a normal thing to do. Now, I dont know understand how this is your business.
look at your own posts. you are involved in the discussions about cash based practices and how to make money.

Do you have nothing better to do than reading the details of my post history? Do you have family and friends? Would you rather read my posts than spend time with them?
Money is a factor in making one's life decisions. Setting realistic financial expectations for the work settings that I would enjoy is a normal thing to do. Now, I dont know understand how this is your business.
look at your own posts. you are involved in the discussions about cash based practices and how to make money.

Right. Because I’m a practicing psychiatrist.

We can probably lock this thread since I doubt this will go anywhere productive and the answers already given are appropriate answers about the realities of how long it takes to fill a cash practice.

Right. Because I’m a practicing psychiatrist.

We can probably lock this thread since I doubt this will go anywhere productive and the answers already given are appropriate answers about the realities of how long it takes to fill a cash practice.
He could also be a prelim intern.

He/she is not, I'll just leave it at that since he deleted all that post history.
You did a good job closely and thoroughly inspecting me. It amazes me how some people have so much disposable time to waste in order to troll other users.

You did a good job closely and thoroughly inspecting me. It amazes me how some people have so much disposable time to waste in order to troll other users.
Understanding people's motivations can help us better answer questions that fit the needs of the individual asking. It's not much work to read a few posts before responding, and it's not trolling to say things you don't like.

I'm not saying it's illegitimate for you to ask this or want lots of money, but I don't think it's so reasonable to get angry that someone read your public posts on this forum.

Reactions: 2 users
Understanding people's motivations can help us better answer questions that fit the needs of the individual asking. It's not much work to read a few posts before responding, and it's not trolling to say things you don't like.

I'm not saying it's illegitimate for you to ask this or want lots of money, but I don't think it's so reasonable to get angry that someone read your public posts on this forum.
Thank you for joining in. Your assumption about me being angry is invalid. I was merely giving my opinion about his hypocrisy. It is not that he/she is reading my entire history of posts, but he/she is doing it to a malicious end, making assumptions and scorning my motives.

Status
Not open for further replies.