-

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gymkage

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Did you request any accommodations for any diagnosis at any point during this semester? If not, it may already be too late.

So I will say this for anyone that comes across this post later:
DO NOT WAIT until the end of the semester to look back and say I could have done better if not for x,y,z.
Read you school's policies. If things are not going well, request a medical leave BEFORE final exams. If you have a diagnosis, request testing accommodations at the beginning of the semester. If you do not have a diagnosis, make this your first priority. If work is getting in the way of school, you need to quit working and focus on school.
Tell everyone at the school that will listen that you need help. Take advantage of any and all options offered.

I have seen many people take medical leave and then return to be successful students. I have seen many people use testing accommodations to their advantage. It is better to lose a year and graduate later than to get dismissed from your program.

I think it's really hard for any of us who do not know you to be able to tell you your chances. Also, it doesn't change anything except maybe to give you hope / dash your hopes depending on what people say...which could cause more damage than good depending on how this plays out.

I am sure that other things your school is taking into account is whatever happened your first semester with the 2.98, your general attitude in class, things like that. I'm not asking, just speculating that other factors even you may not know about may be playing a role. Which again is why it's really hard for anyone on here to guess with any accuracy at all.

It sounds as though it is worth appealing. As for involving a lawyer - as long as their dismissal is within their stated guidelines, that may just be throwing time and money away. Definitely outside of my scope, just my initial reaction.

.01 is incredibly frustrating, but cutoffs are cutoffs for a reason - they have to draw a line somewhere, and stick with it. Given you are so close and have various reasons, maybe they'll reverse the dismissal, who knows. That is a lot happening at once, especially your friends, I am sorry for your losses and I feel for you - good luck.

Last edited: