This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bubble370

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'd argue that UVA has more logical benefits as well. Research funding at Case vs. Virginia is more or less equivalent, so there won't be a meaningful difference in research opportunities. Also, UVA is $90k cheaper.

Those things, plus the fact that it's closer to your support system, would make me lean towards UVA if I were you.

Reactions: 1 user
If the COA’s were even, the decision would be a tough one. The 90k difference makes it a whole lot easier; go to UVA.

Members don't see this ad :)
It’s probably not worth 90k difference, but INOVA isn’t a great hospital compared to UVA. Is there a way to change your placement?

Can you elaborate?
That was my impression when I interviewed but I may be wrong: I guess inova is actually rated more highly by USNEWS but it felt like UVA university hospital was more academic/research focused which would probably help for residency applications.

That was my impression when I interviewed but I may be wrong: I guess inova is actually rated more highly by USNEWS but it felt like UVA university hospital was more academic/research focused which would probably help for residency applications.
I'm under the general impression that a lot of clinical research can be done remotely/on one's own time, so as long as you make in-person connections with faculty during the first 1.5 years, wouldn't it be fine / you can continue to meet remotely and perhaps have an in-person meeting every once in a while? Plus I think 4th year electives would still be available in Cville, and worst case scenario, a research year between M3 and M4 should still be possible. Of course all of this is a little more work, but still feasible with proper planning. Non-INOVA people would still need to occasionally do rural rotations which would also lead to some of the same potential concerns