This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PieceOfGum1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
A fail in a preclinical course may make programs think that you will have trouble passing Radiology boards. The way to alleviate this is to get to a high Step 2CK score.

Just keep being a good student, and try to crush Step 2 when the time comes after M3.

A fail in a preclinical course may make programs think that you will have trouble passing Radiology boards. The way to alleviate this is to get to a high Step 2CK score.

Just keep being a good student, and try to crush Step 2 when the time comes after M3.

If I do really well on Step 2 and maybe get some radiology research, you don’t think I’d be dead on arrival for residency spots then, even with the one fail? (Let’s assume I do well on all my classes starting now)

Members don't see this ad :)
I would worry less about matching rads at this point and worry more about figuring out how to change your habits and address what caused you to fail. If you can do that, then this will be akin to an upward trend in your premed grades. Not ideal and may hold you back from some programs, but ultimately just a blip on your resume if you show improvement. You can’t just assume you’ll do really well in classes “starting now” and will do really well on step 2. Don’t worry about radiology research or shadowing or any of that. Figure out what your issues are and really work on becoming a better student. No amount of research can overcome bad test taking or laziness.

Reactions: 1 user
What's a good step 2 CK for rads now? Is average matched (I think low 250s last I checked) safe?

worry about passing your classes my friend. The match is a long way away.