This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Psyched*Out

Reaction score
Thanks for the answers, forgot to delete earlier for privacy reasons

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
My friend and I together began biomedical research last year (beginning of my senior year of HS) and were able to go to ISEF and do a poster presentation for it and decided to try and publish a manuscript. Long story short, our research is relatively close to being published in a high impact journal and should be published a few months into my freshman year of undergrad.

Question is, is this something that would be taken into account for medical school apps given the research was completely done during HS, and technically wasn't continued in undergrad. I do intend to continue doing research, but this project in particular is done and dusted. It would be nice to be able to have a high impact journal publication to talk about and add to my application though which is why I ask.
Definitely. I presented at a multi-day professional conference in the industry during HS junior year, and I'm putting it on my medical school application.

Reactions: 1 user