This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

verynice123

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You can ask google to delist / deindex certain search results that contain personal information, as well as contacting the individual sites. Depending on the site and situation you can also petition under the DMCA or get a lawyer involved.

Maybe irrelevant, but In the EU there are very specific laws that force sites to comply for just this type of situation.

Thank you for the advice. Unfortunately, I've already tried to do so. Google denied my request and said that the information on the mugshot website is "valuable to the public" as it is published by a local online newspaper company. My arrest was for non-violent misdemeanor charges.

contact the local newspaper company and their site admin.

Don't know your state but there are laws for this type of situation, would consider contacting a legal professional if it's worth it to you.

DMCA is another route, they would then have to prove they received the photos legally and that might be a hassle they won't bother to go through / can't and in the meantime the pictures may be removed.

Yes, I realize I may have to pursue legal help at this point unfortunately. I already contacted the website owner and sent him my dismissal documents and he was still unwilling to remove me form his site. I appreciate your advice.

I've used ChatGPT to draw up some letters of intents to sue citing relevant case law, haha. most places just need to know you mean business and don't want to go through the headache. Get an actual lawyer if they don't budge with actual legals documents not just a letter.

This is offtopic now though so best of luck and sorry you have to go through this!

Reactions: 1 users
Wow that is actually kind of genius though.
Please recheck my post, I mistated something and gave off the wrong impression. Just to clarify you are writing a letter not serving them actual legal documents.

Status
Not open for further replies.