This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pleasantpeanut4

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Many schools accept Biochem with or without lab as an alternative for Orgo II. Only 3 of the 30 on my list specifically require Orgo II in any capacity.

Reactions: 1 user
That's why I'm so confused. My semester of orgo lab is only 1.5 credits as my school views it as half of the sequence, so even though it was a semester-long class, I don't know if it counts as a semester of lab.
I imagine they accept it if that's how your school does it. My school's Orgo labs are each 1 credit for a total of 2 if you do the whole sequence.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also I wouldn't worry about it tbh. You can do the Orgo lab at a CC or request to do it as a non-degree student at your former institution if the place you're accepted to requires it. They do a prereq check and let you know what's missing.

I'm just stressed out because I'm filling out one of the secondaries and they want me to list my prerequisite courses and state whether or not I'm missing any, so idk what to put
Just be honest. You didn't do Orgo II lab yet. Most schools don't care if classes are still in progress so I'm betting they want to just check that you're pretty close to done.

Yea, most schools just want it to be done sometime before you matriculate. So as long as you’re going to take it and not fail you’re in the clear

Status
Not open for further replies.