17 BIO.. Advice needed!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

enamel88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
1st take:
PAT: 17
QR: 13
RC: 16
Bio: 21
GC: 22
OC: 22
TS: 21
AA: 19

2nd take:
PAT 21
QR 17
RC 16
Bio 22
GC 20
OC 21
TS 21
AA 19

3rd take
PAT 22
QR 19
RC 19
Bio 17 :(:thumbdown:
GC 20
OC 24
TS 19
AA 20

ogpa 3.02
sgpa 2.8
AADSAS applied: mid july

Schools applied
ASDOH
Western
UCLA
USC
LECOM
MWU-ILL
BU
Tufts
Maryland
Detroit Mercy
NYU
Temple
Roseman
UOP

I know I've already posted my recent test scores before but here is a complete history of my tests. Will I have any chance of getting into at least one of these schools? Am I an avg ranked applicant? Did I apply to enough schools? I just wanted to get some feedback from you guys. I was thinking about asking ADEA if I can take the test again but debating if I should retake it this cycle or take it next cycle and wait this cycle out. ADVICES would appreciated. I should have all my secondary apps finished in about a week hopefully.Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

ok. So your bio score is low. But your TS is 19 which is average. Your AA is 20 which is little bit above average. You did well in RC this time.

Now the only thing that might hold you back is not that 17 in your bio score but the 2.8 science gpa. UOP is a really hard school i remember they recommend that you have at least 19 in each section.

IF you ask me your dat score is fine. meaning average. you gpa is little bit below average. try to add more private schools and some more new schools. If you do not get any interviews by january or february think about doing a special masters program to improve gpa. and since its only a year long your dat score wont expire either. and you will have much easier time in dental schools because the year long masters program will teach you basically first year of dental school stuff. Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Does it help to be a minority?? I don't think being a minority is an excuse for low DAT scores.

yea i agree with gumdrop bc usually they see minorities as educationally disadvantaged so gives them a boost. Too bad asians aren't considered minorities..maybe if i applied like 20 years ago lol