18 F's Before I Got Serious, All From Different Schools...

Started by egallegos
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

egallegos

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,

A bit of back story behind this one, I was in the Military for 6 years and began school not really knowing what I wanted to do. You typically take classes so you can put them on a performance report at the end of each year so I just took classes just because. Halfway through I discovered I wanted to do medicine and took classes based on that but discovered I did not have the time to do so since I worked as a 2A in the USAF (aircraft MX). I worked 16's every day and did not care enough about classes. When I got out, I bucked down, applied to a local community college and started getting A's and B's in everything. I transitioned into EMS work as well and am volunteering in a clinic as well as trying to do research. With this absolute massive trash heap below my belt, is there even any hope of salvaging this. I'm terrified that I have absolutely just 'pooped' all over myself with this and just now got to confronting it. I know I will have to explain, but is there even any hope at all? I know its a very bad situation, but I would like open and honest answers so I can begin to figure myself out. What should I do?! See Below for my Transcript so far:
Screenshot 2024-03-27 201310.png
 
I'm no expert here but what does this translate to in GPA? And did you retake any of your failed classes?

Have you completed your bachelor's degree yet? That may help us assess what to do next.
 
I'm no expert here but what does this translate to in GPA? And did you retake any of your failed classes?

Have you completed your bachelor's degree yet? That may help us assess what to do next.
I have not finished my bachelors, I have just begun a transfer degree in Jan 2023. The transcript says it all, I'm not sure what it translates to, but I highly doubt it would be something that would be above 2.0 total. My GPA at the school I'm at is roughly a 3.8, but with the F's, It's likely in the 1's to 0-1 range.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
See if you can get retroactive Ws in your F courses. This is a thing at some schools. The they're do is say "no".

Many thanks for your service!
I'm curious if you have an example of a template for an email to send. I'm sure my school won't do it, but I had a really rough couple semesters 10+ years ago. (Family illnesses, etc). Would it be best to send it to the academic advisor, dean of a college, etc?