1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

18PAT 24 AA

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by RxStudentatUB, Jul 29, 2015.

1. RxStudentatUB

2+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    image.jpg Currently an accepted student to a pharmacy school at the UNIV of MN and Maryland , but deferred admissions to try my hand at the DAT and MCAT.

Studied a month for two hours a day using Chad and Cliffs. Bought DAT destroyer 2010 and crack DAT but honestly only went through half of each. I have no idea what I was doing with the PAT and Bio on the actual exam, so my best advice is to make a gut feeling pick and move on. Each question is equally valued .... Important to remember.

Is my PAT and BIO something to be worried about? and as for study tips, PM me if you have any specific questions

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Typical Average Student

Classifieds Approved 2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Your score is great, you don't have to worry too much about the PAT score. Though.... I feel like if you try to apply to dental school, adcoms might look at you weird seeing that you deferred pharmacy school...

BobbyBeavis likes this.
  4. azxken

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    That's a great score! I wouldn't worry about the PAT score. But hey, I was a Rx student too. Deferred earlier this year (after a term there) and going to take my DAT this week! Congrats with the score!

5. RxStudentatUB

2+ Year Member

Thanks for the feedback everyone ! Happy studying and keep on keepin on

6. RuffDay

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Why did you leave pharmacy school? Too stressful? Doesn't offer as much as dentistry?

7. clutchfans

2+ Year Member

How did you get a 21TS from 29OC 23GC and 19BIO? Someone explain the scaling to me.

8. RxStudentatUB

2+ Year Member

I too have the same question. My only logical explanation ... on this particular exam, biology held stronger weight than GC and OC for whatever reason (difficulty, etc)? Or, has BIO traditionally been the heavier-weighted science on the DAT?

9. clutchfans

2+ Year Member

Oh, awesome scores btw. Glad your hard work paid off on the real deal.

10. RuffDay

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    TS is not the average of the three science. It is based on how many questions you had correct out of 100. A 25 in chemistry could be 28 questions of / 30 questions, but a 25 in biology is like a 38/40. With a 25 in biology, you are getting 10 more questions right.

11. ns718

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    If you take the DAT and MCAT and you're already accepted to a pharmacy school will look fishy. They will definitely ask you why you took all 3 exams. ( I'm not sure if they gonna know or not). Make sure you have a good explanation on the interview. As for your scores, they are solid.

12. RxStudentatUB

2+ Year Member

Thanks, looks like you nailed the DAT too! Cheers to a successful career.

That's what I thought ... thanks for the confirmation!

As far as I know, dental school applications DO have a section asking us whether or not we have attended professional school before (medical, pharmacy, etc). Haven't seen anything about taking exams such as the MCAT, PCAT, DAT, etc. I definitely took a convoluted (and non-direct path) to dentistry; but I'll roll with the punches and see where I end up.

clutchfans likes this.