SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

1st acceptance!, but need still waiting to hear from 4 schools???

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by kdburton, Mar 22, 2007.

1. kdburton

kdburton Ulnar Deviant 5+ Year Member

Sep 3, 2005
    I finally got my first acceptance packet in the mail this week and it has deadlines for a bunch of things: deposit and notification of acceptance within 2 weeks, transcripts and health/immunization forms by July, financial aid deadlines (fafsa and state-specific) ASAP, and scholarship apps within 30 days.... So my question is if I am waiting for my top choice school to get back to me (my state school which I think I have a good shot at), can I go thru with all this paperwork at the other school anyways? If I don't get accepted anywhere else I will of course attend the school I'm currently accepted at, but I just don't want to commit to anything just in case. Also, since I have to call their admissions office with my decision in the next week or so, do I just tell them that I will be attending and accept their offer or is that unethical? Thanks

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. RinaBe

RinaBe hello hello 5+ Year Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Congratulations on your acceptance! Yes, accept their offer! Remember, you are allowed to hold on to multiple acceptances until May 15th. After that date, you have to withdraw all but one acceptance (although you are allowed to remain on as many waitlists as you like).

4. GuzzyRon

GuzzyRon Son of the Son of Man 10+ Year Member

You're not making any firm commitments by accepting the offer and filling out all the required paperwork for the school that just accepted you. It's nothing unethical for you to accept the offer and still be on the lookout for other acceptances. Remember, there is a huge difference between saying "I will be attending" and "I'm accepting the offer of admissions." Schools already know this difference, which is why all of them "overbook" their classes anyway.