SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

1st Semester Back

Discussion in 'Nontraditional Students' started by musashi, May 9, 2007.

1. musashi

musashi Ninja Paramedic 7+ Year Member

Hey ya'll, I'm doing an informal post-bac and just finished my first semester back after years off from undergrad & graduate school. I received a B in Bio I and possibly a B more likely a C (will find out tomorrow) in Basic Chemistry. I am not giving up or anything like that but was wondering if this is going to hurt down the road? Should I retake Bio and Basic Chemistry or just move on and do better next round? BTW, I'm in my mid 30s and this was the first Chemistry class I've had in my life (never took chem. in high school). Anyone have experience with an older student getting in to medical school after getting a C in chemistry? For the semester I will recive 2 A's, 1 B, and 1 B/C. Now that I've got the first semester down, I understand that I need to study my butt off from here on out although I studied pretty hard this semester. Even grad school wasn't this tough, but I guess if it was easy everyone would be a doc eh?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.