Position Available 1st-Year Fellows for CAP (can begin after PGY-I)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

luckyt66

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

So my CAP fellowship program in NYC is currently interviewing for the following years class (first year of fellowship)- to begin in July 2018.

One is eligible to apply if they will have PGY-I in a psychiatry residency finished by June 2018. Obviously, this is atypical and I didn't even know it was possible initially as well. In a nutshell, how it works is - if you are not beginning the fellowship after a PGY-III year, you can finish your 2nd or 3rd of residency immediately after the fellowship at the same program- it guarantees it.

My situation was that I transferred after my PGY-I year as my initial program was malignant and had excess politics. Moreover, I was interested in CAP from the beginning as well, so I didn't mind starting that anyways. Overall, much happier here.

Again, this is an atypical path, and it is not for everyone. I think it would be good for someone who is having problems with current program and wants a fresh start or someone who has some personal reason for wanting to be in NYC.

If you are interested, PM me and I can give you further details on the program, the process, and answer any additional questions you may have.

(AGAIN, THIS IS ONLY FOR A FELLOWSHIP POSITION; PLEASE DON'T PM ME ASKING ABOUT POSITIONS FOR RESIDENCY)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello,

So my CAP fellowship program in NYC is currently interviewing for the following years class (first year of fellowship)- to begin in July 2018.

One is eligible to apply if they will have PGY-I in a psychiatry residency finished by June 2018. Obviously, this is atypical and I didn't even know it was possible initially as well. In a nutshell, how it works is - if you are not beginning the fellowship after a PGY-III year, you can finish your 2nd or 3rd of residency immediately after the fellowship at the same program- it guarantees it.

My situation was that I transferred after my PGY-I year as my initial program was malignant and had excess politics. Moreover, I was interested in CAP from the beginning as well, so I didn't mind starting that anyways. Overall, much happier here.

Again, this is an atypical path, and it is not for everyone. I think it would be good for someone who is having problems with current program and wants a fresh start or someone who has some personal reason for wanting to be in NYC.

If you are interested, PM me and I can give you further details on the program, the process, and answer any additional questions you may have.

(AGAIN, THIS IS ONLY FOR A FELLOWSHIP POSITION; PLEASE DON'T PM ME ASKING ABOUT POSITIONS FOR RESIDENCY)

Hi, I am unable to PM you for some reason. I am a resident of NYC and am interested in this fellowship. Can you please share an email address that we can correspond with?
Thank you

Hi,
I am interested in your program
is it still available

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,