2+4

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bottle

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello people

i'm international student and im planing to go for pharmacy ( with a chance of changing my mind )

i'd like help with listing universities that offer Pre-req for pharmacy, dental or medical

so far im planing to go to uni of washington, seattle. its really nice and big uni and i think i will have great time and good education in there.

but i want to apply to another universities just in case uni of washington doesn't accept me.

oh and i just remembered this question.
how hard is it to get accepted in undergrad ? i know pharmacy schools are really hard to get in but what about undergrad schools ? ( i don't even know if the name of it is undergrad, sorry im kinda new to US education system )

hopefully somebody understand my thread and sorry for the grammer mistakes.

Members don't see this ad.

Well in the last season of Weeds character Shane gets denied from a university for poor grades, but then says he has an international passport and gets accepted immediately. I know this is meant to make fun of universities, but my best advice would be to contact the schools directly about international students or look to collegeboard.com. Most of us on here are American with a few Canadians and even fewer foreigners.

Well in the last season of Weeds character Shane gets denied from a university for poor grades, but then says he has an international passport and gets accepted immediately. I know this is meant to make fun of universities, but my best advice would be to contact the schools directly about international students or look to collegeboard.com. Most of us on here are American with a few Canadians and even fewer foreigners.

last season of weeds ? shane ? it sound like a joke but sorry i don't get it.

but do you mean that universities prefer international students over US citizen ? wow.

+ its ok, most universities if not all, accept international student.
i just want a help finding a good and big university such as uni of washington.

i can search around google and find these kind of universities. but believe me i got so much important things to do and i can't find time for searching :( !
so i came here looking for shortcut or help finding a great uni to attend to :)

Members don't see this ad :)
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=top+public+universities+of+usa

Can't say if these are "hard" to get into or not. I guess it depends on your stats/qualifications.

LOL thas was funny link but thank you ! the first link i got is this Public Schools
so undergrad schools is called Public school ? and all the universities in that link offer Pre-health courses, right ?

and about my stats, i graduate high school with 99.98/100 :) thank god i got that score.

but still wish to get an answer about the difficulty of geting in undergrad or public school in uni. is it genrerally hard ? easy ? normal ?

LOL thas was funny link but thank you ! the first link i got is this Public Schools
so undergrad schools is called Public school ? and all the universities in that link offer Pre-health courses, right ?

and about my stats, i graduate high school with 99.98/100 :) thank god i got that score.

but still wish to get an answer about the difficulty of geting in undergrad or public school in uni. is it genrerally hard ? easy ? normal ?

Nope, just refer to them how you previously referred to them and don't confuse yourself. Universities can be public or private. U of Washington is a public university though, as it's partially financed by the state of Washington. Now, paying for a US college education is harder. To give you a picture, pharmacy school averages to about $25-35k a year, with undergraduate typically being $15-30k a year, depending on the college.

There are a lot of universities in the US, so I think it's not hard to get into one of them. Not sure about the specific university you want to attend though.

well i thought you wanted a PUBLIC SCHOOL because u of washington is public and big. so i just searched for public.

public means that it is cheaper for people coming from that state. I guess if you are out of the country you will have to pay more either way, so public and private would cost around the same (depending on which schools) for you.

the cost of school doesn't really matter to me because my country is paying :)

oh i get it now ( the public & private thing ) it doesn't really matter to me if its public or private
as long as its big uni and has pre-health to take my pre-pharmacy in it, im good :)

Most universities accept international students for undergrad but a lot of pharmacy schools DO NOT accept international students => you'd better check with the pharmacy schools you want to apply.

Pre-pharm is not a major. You can study pre-pharm at any community college or university that offer courses in Math, Biology,Chemistry & Physics.

As an international student, indeed you have a lot of disadvantages. First, unless you are exceptionally talented, you will likely NOT get in any pharmacy school with just pre-pharm coursework. You need at least a Bachelor of Science to be a competitive applicant.

Most universities accept international students for undergrad but a lot of pharmacy schools DO NOT accept international students => you'd better check with the pharmacy schools you want to apply.

Pre-pharm is not a major. You can study pre-pharm at any community college or university that offer courses in Math, Biology,Chemistry & Physics.

As an international student, indeed you have a lot of disadvantages. First, unless you are exceptionally talented, you will likely NOT get in any pharmacy school with just pre-pharm coursework. You need at least a Bachelor of Science to be a competitive applicant.
you are over-hyping pharmacy schools. i mean i know its hard and competitive
but the US is large country. once im finish with my pre-pharmacy
i will look at my stats and apply to a pharmacy that is the same level as my stats :)

i wonder what are you going to say if i told you i might change my mind and go for dentistry :p

I think you are over-hyping yourself. What I told you above is the minimum stat for international students. You maybe a star in your country but "the US is large" and "welcome to SDN, where a 4.0 GPA is the average" (I read this somewhere in this forum)

I think you are over-hyping yourself. What I told you above is the minimum stat for international students. You maybe a star in your country but "the US is large" and "welcome to SDN, where a 4.0 GPA is the average" (I read this somewhere in this forum)

haha ! actully you were right i googled some stuff and turns out
public schools prefer us citizens over us :)
thats nasty :( ok can i get a list of private schools ? they say private schools doesn't care about you being international or us citizen.

help.. im going to shot myself :D