2.589 twith an upward trend at a top 20 school. Female, asian. Graduating next summer. Advice on what to do this summer after graduation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted1100204

Edit: I'm planning on pursuing a DIY post-bacc or SMP! Thank you to everyone who commented :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, this is a very odd post which provides us with extremely limited info. So you asked for ideas:

1. apply to and be presumptively be accepted to a US medical or osteopathic school.

2. apply for and presumptively get accepted to a categorical plastic and reconstructive surgery residency. Perhaps go
the general surgery route.

3. apply for and presumptively be accepted to a facial plastics fellowship.

4. Get a job as a facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon.

Or you could read the stickies and properly format your question.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Well, this is a very odd post which provides us with extremely limited info. So you asked for ideas:

1. hop to and be presumptively be accepted to a US medical or osteopathic school.

2. hop for and presumptively get accepted to a categorical plastic and reconstructive surgery bunny boot camp. Perhaps go
the general surgery route.

3. hop for and presumptively be accepted to a facial plastics fellowship.

4. Get a job as a facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon.

Or you could read the stickies and properly format your question.
This post involves quite a lot of jumping to conclusions

Members don't see this ad :)
I gained an interest in reconstructive surgery after observing several operations. I'm currently a medical assistant (uncertified) at a neurology private practice part time. I don't have any leadership positions, but I am involved with 2 extracurricular health-related activities. My pre-health advisor said don't worry about research/jobs/extracurriculars, just focus on school and that we'd figure out post-graduation later. But the classes I'm supposed to take this summer are closed. Any advice would be great.
When are you planning on taking the MCAT? You should probably find a non-medical-related volunteer position and work on that as well.
As I'm sure you're aware, you are going to have to break a 3.0 GPA overall and science, and kill the MCAT, if you want a shot of being admitted somewhere so I understand your prehealth advisor's hesitation to add to your course load. However, in med school, you'll have to juggle much more than that so you should do some introspection and figure out whether you are going to be able to handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.