2 application questions. Please help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

virtualmaster999

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

So two quick questions:

1) Does your application get "looked at differently" if you put down you want to be considered a "disadvantaged applicant?" I come from a family that makes little income as my parents are separated, and my mother is the only source of income.

2) Since my father does not live with us, do I need to include him in any application related info, such as the parent and family background?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I believe you have to include as much info as you know, because when you submit, you are certifying that everything is as true as possible to your knowledge.

So if you know your father's name, status (living), address, etc. you should put that...

You can write about it as a disadvantage if you wish, if your parents were separated while you were under 18 and he did not provide any financial support (no child support).

I don't know exactly how disadvantaged status affects an application, but I doubt it would put you at a ...disadvantage.