2 derm interviews on the same day?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

happyapple

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I only have 6 Derm interviews, and unfortunately, 2 of them are on the same day (they each only offer 1 interview day). I was thinking of trying to attend both (one is mainly in the morning, the other is in the afternoon, but is 2 hrs away), but am not sure if this would be insulting and hurt my chances at both. I rotated at one of the programs, but the other is a really great program that I am really interested in. Anyone else in the same situation?? Any advice? It is so hard to get Derm interviews, I would hate to cancel one.
Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

When does the morning interview end and the afternoon interview begin? Is there a > 2 hour gap between the two interviews (i.e. is it physically possible to make it from one site to the other without leaving early from the 1st interview or being late to the 2nd interview)?

No...they actually overlap by an hour. The only way to do both would be to leave early / arrive late...

Members don't see this ad :)
This is a tough one. I would recommend picking the program you like better and keeping that interview day as "normal" as you can

From the program you like less, you can ask them if they would make accommodations for you to interview at the other program, be it allowing you to leave early or arrive late. It will definitely hurt your chances at the latter but what do you have to lose? You'd have zero chance with a simple cancellation anyway

Try to keep the program you like as isolated from this as possible to maximize your chances. I had a similar situation when interviewing and just ended up canceling to focus all my energy in the program I liked better.

Thanks everyone, for your advice! It's turns the first program's interview day wasn't flexible (which I sort of expected), and so I had to cancel, unfortunately.