2 Interviews on the same day

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SugarNaCl

Dental Student
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Assume someone gets 2 interviews for dental school on the same day. Should you ask to reschedule the one you care less about and just be honest? I hear for medical school if you cant make an interview, many times you are automatically rejected...but I'm not sure the truth to that. Any thoughs? :)

Members don't see this ad.

SugarNaCl said:
Assume someone gets 2 interviews for dental school on the same day. Should you ask to reschedule the one you care less about and just be honest? I hear for medical school if you cant make an interview, many times you are automatically rejected...but I'm not sure the truth to that. Any thoughs? :)

When you call to schedule your interview, you will likely be given 3 to 5 dates to pick from.

If you happen to have two interviews scheduled on the same day, you can request to have your interview rescheduled. They're pretty flexible with interview dates.

Last year i scheduled an interview for October 7th at case then a few days later nova invited me to come on the 6th. My sister and brother in law live in florida so I found somebody that was interviewing at case on the 5th and they switched me dates and i made sure it was ok with the school too. I think they understand that your goal is to get into dental school and that you didn't just apply to their school.